3.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, March 18, 2013
This review is from: Allegra K Women's Long Bat Wing Sleeve Bar Striped Pullover Shirt (Apparel)
It's a nice little shirt, but it isn't the long top that's pictured, which makes it a whole different thing, you know? The one shown would look great with leggings or with supper skinny jeans, but the actual shirt is just a tad below waist length, and, at 5'5", I am exactly on the mark for average height.

All in all, I like it -- but, it's not what I ordered nor what I was looking to find while shopping.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 15, 2013 8:11:35 PM PDT
Hoping you might be able to help me. I am 5'0" exactly and I've read reviews about it being too short to wear as a dress with leggings. I would like to know if I could wear it with winter leggings and boots to work, or do you think it will be too short? Thanks for the help.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013 8:25:49 PM PDT
It's pretty short. I am 5'5", and it barely reaches my waist. I have to wear a tee or cami to wear it with pants that are the least bit low riding. Both shirts I got from this company were cute, but they are both a whole lot shorter than depicted.

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 8:14:21 PM PDT
Bifocalbabe says:
How about the width...I wear an 8 jean at 5ft...trying to see if I need a L or XL....thanks1

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2014 9:21:19 PM PDT
It is pretty small all the way around. I would go for a large. I would have been happier with large, and I wear a size 6 and am 5'5". It is just much smaller than American made clothing. Hope that helps. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2014 8:35:50 AM PDT
Bifocalbabe says:
Thanks Julie :)

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 3:37:37 PM PDT
Hachimomo says:
I think torso length plays a huge part here. I'm also 5'5" and it hits right at the bottom of my hips. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2014 8:44:57 AM PDT
That is entirely possible, but it is also possible that the sizing isn't consistent. I am beginning to lean toward the latter after I discovered the other things I bought from them are all over the place in sizing despite their supposedly being all the same size. With the types of things I got, it isn't a huge deal. If it were, like, pants, then it would matter a lot more.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2014 3:39:50 PM PDT
Hachimomo says:
Absolutely. This is the first thing I've ordered from Allegra K, so I don't have the scale of comparison. >I have actually been looking at a few of their longer pants, so it's especially good to know about the inconsistencies before deciding to order. I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to completely clarify all of these sizing issues :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›