41 of 52 people found the following review helpful
Lame replacement for the old remote,
This review is from: Xbox 360 Media Remote (Accessory)
- This is a vast step up from using the xbox controller to play movies.
- This is smaller than the old remote and finally matches the color of most other accessories.
- The channel selector doesn't work for the TV. This is used for something on the xbox instead. And since there are no longer TV and xbox modes for the remote, there is no way to use this to switch TV channels. At least the Input button works, so I can get to/from the xbox channel- but for my spare room where I have just a TV and xbox, I still need the TV remote.
- The backlit buttons are gone. And now that I'm using two remotes, it is more important than before to be able to see the buttons.
- The TV programming codes don't match the old remote, so you have to start from scratch to figure out which one works for your TV.
This isn't really a significant issue, but I've never seen a remote before that is front-heavy. The batteries in most remotes are toward the bottom, and they balance nicely in the hand. But this one has the batteries shifted slightly forward of center, and it feels like the thing wants to tumble out of my hand.
If you plan to use another remote for your TV anyway or use the TV exclusively for the xbox, this would be great. But for me, I'm probably going to go out and get another of the older remotes for my second xbox.
Tracked by 4 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 2, 2013 10:08:15 PM PST
I had the same issue, so I had to return it. if anyone knows of one the works both the tv and xbox let me know please.
Posted on Mar 28, 2014 8:16:48 AM PDT
My remote works just fine for my TV, i can change channels, change volume, change display size, input works, and mute works as well. either your tv isnt compatible with the remote or you need to try a different code. the first two codes i tried for my tv had limited use as you describe, the third code works great.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›