5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, June 16, 2011
This review is from: LG Infinia 60PZ750 60-Inch 1080p 600 Hz Active 3D THX Certified Plasma HDTV with Smart TV (Electronics)
we were very excited for a new tv to replace our old DLP set. I did a lot of research and decided on this one. We hung it on the wall, fired it up, made a few adjustments, and it is all we hoped for. Great tv, the apps are very nice. I have it hooked up on a wireless N system and there's not even a hiccup. We've been watching netflix a lot!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 4, 2011 5:45:04 PM PDT
IknowUknow says:
Hi, I hear that you have to buy a wifi adaptor for this. Did you buy one from Amazon or somewhere else? (does it have to be LG brand?) I'm trying to find one for the cheapest price.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2011 7:26:32 PM PDT
LG AN-WF100 Wi-Fi USB Adaptor this is the one I bought. Not sure if you could get away with using another brand. I got this one for $56 shipped. Works great!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2011 10:57:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2011 10:58:27 PM PDT
IknowUknow says:
Oh ok, and thanks for the link. :-) One last question, does this TV have the Trublack(?) filter feature (that helps w/ glare)? The description of the TV and comparison chart at the bottom differ because while in the description it says contrast is 10,000,000: 1 and has the glare filter, the comparison chart says it has a 3,000,000:1 contrast and that only the Pz950 has the glare filter. Do you know which one is actually true? Seems like the Pz750 and Pz950 aren't different at all. :-/ (Anyway, thanks for answering!)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 6:50:12 AM PDT
If you read the press release on cnet, they say the pz750 and pz950 are identical except the 750 doesn't have the filter. I was pretty confused with the contrast ratios as well. I did a lot of research and found that manufacturers can manipulate contrast ratios to be whatever they want. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 11:32:05 AM PDT
IknowUknow says:
Yup, that helped, thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011 8:29:49 AM PDT
IknowUknow says:
Hey again (sorry! You're The only one who had responded to me, haha). I just got mine today, and after almost dying bringing it up a flight of stairs, one big annoyance proceeded to a smaller one....we're having a hard time getting the washers off of the screws. Did you experience that?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011 9:16:21 AM PDT
Thing weighs a ton huh. I don't recall any issues with washers. I would assume I'd remember that. Sorry. Really had no problems with it at all. Lifting it was the biggest issue.

Take care.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011 9:26:51 AM PDT
IknowUknow says:
Yes, it really does. Ha, I feel like an idiot, we finally figured it out (I was too hasty). Anyway, thanks again :-)

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 6:33:22 PM PDT
I notice that there is an LG LED 120 hz version of this TV. Which should I get the 120 hz LED LG 55 inch or this 60 inch Plasma? Does this Plasma produce blu ray effects when viewing HD channels? I have an older Sony Bravia LCD 1080p and when I play blu ray movies on it I don't notice the blu ray effects. Please help.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2011 8:57:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2011 8:59:06 PM PDT
IknowUknow says:
Well, I personally think the 60" is a better choice. It all depends on the price difference and what you want. The 60" is 600hz for starters (the highest out, I believe. Smoothest pictures with no motion blur). I've read that plasma pictures are better than LCD/LED (richer picture, darker blacks). I've had my TV for over a month and I really love it so far and the HD is great too. If you really care abot specs and features, you should compare the two (you can compare with the descriptions and charts at the bottom of each page). I don't know if the promotion is still running but don't forget to include the two free 3D glasses to your order. I also know that many of the LG products are discounted right now. Hope this helps a bit.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›