5.0 out of 5 stars I'm an immigrant just like Dinesh!, June 8, 2014
This review is from: America: Imagine a World without Her (Kindle Edition)
I'm an immigrant just like Dinesh and I love that about him. Most people think that if you are conservative you must be white but there's nothing further from reality.

Growing up I dreamed about coming to America. I didn't dream about coming to North Korea or Cuba.

I have always believed in American values and principles.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2014 2:34:25 PM PDT
That my friend is because there's 2 catagories of immigrants, regardless of skin color...etc. Those who came here, and chose to become american because of what this country stands for as a society, and wanted to become part of it; and those who only did it for material reasons, to use and abuse, legally or illegally, w/o any appreciation, and most of the time unwilling to integrate and/or adapt to the lifestyle. These couldn't care less, live in the bubble of their ethnic community, and take for granted any entitlement of benefit, and fell they don't have to speak/learn the american language!

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 11:13:25 AM PDT

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 6:56:10 PM PDT
sierraseven says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2014 7:31:47 PM PDT
PolkaDot says:
Thank you, Mr. Gerard. You have stated my feelings, exactly. Very apropos of what is happening in Arizona and Texas. I am ordering my copy of the book today and I am most anxious to read it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2014 6:44:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2014 6:46:45 AM PDT
JLG says:
I'm 100% with you John. Me and my family came to this country from Cuba fifteen years ago and I thank God everyday for that,we are already american citizens and we feel this country like our own. We are not here because the material stuff,we were escaping from an oppressive tyranny and this country opened her arms and gave us the status of human that it was denied in our own country,we are here because America is the beacon of the freedom in the world and there is no country in the world like this country. so God bless America!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2014 11:09:36 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2014 3:23:26 PM PDT
JLG: It is great to see that people still come here because they've made a choice of society they want to live in, and they care about what the US stands for! By the same token, there's people who were born here, and don't deserve to be American! Being a US citizen is a privilege that some never learned to appreciate because they've never lived anywhere else!

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 6:13:38 PM PDT
F. Hollister says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2014 12:27:25 AM PDT
Concreteblue says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2014 9:12:54 AM PDT
FH: If all those who made illegal contributions to Obama's campaign and other democrats, as well as those who voted illegally (fraud by voting several times in different states, voting on behalf of dead people, registering fraudulently), for same, were to be thrown in prison, we'd have to build new jails all over the country !!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (1,779 customer reviews)
 (1,558)