Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, December 12, 2010
This review is from: Pacific Drums DW X7 Shell Pack, Maple, Silver to Black Fade (Electronics)
Just got this set yesterday and got it all set up, and i am very pleased. It looks great,it sounds great, and the price is amazing (i got it when it was only $600). Overall i'd have to say that this is one of the best deals out there, considering that it is a 7 piece kit. My only complaint is that setting it up was really annoying, and it's adjustabiltiy isn't quite what i thought it would be and it got frustrating, but it's fine. Buy this drum set. now.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 41 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 25, 2011 3:43:55 PM PST
Marian Bauer says:
What all does it come with? It says "Cymbals and hardware not included." What does the hardware part mean? No stands for the drums? Or is it no drum heads? Or is it just no stool and sticks?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2011 4:15:33 PM PST
Scrawford says:
Hey, this is all what it comes with. It comes with all the drums (snare, toms, bass), all the drum heads, and that you you need to assemble it. It also comes with all the floor tom legs and rack tom mounts that you need to full assemble your drum kit, so you don't need to worry about those. Basically it comes with everything you need to set up just the drums, EXCEPT for a snare stand. Oh and it comes with a free pair of 7A sticks and a drum key.

NOT included: cymbals, cymbal stands, drum stool, ALSO it does NOT come with a snare stand.

My final input is that you should definitely buy this drum set. Even though you'll have to go out and buy a few more things before it's fully functional (snare stand, cymbals, cymbal stands), it will be worth it and you get better customization that way anyway. It's great quality (I've actually seen a professional drummer using it) and an amazing bang for your buck. Looks great, sounds amazing, and it comes with a lot. Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2011 7:14:50 PM PST
Marian Bauer says:
Do the drums sound really good? I have been extremely careful about picking a good drum set and normally they have bad reviews. This one I just happened to come across and I was immediately stunned by how many drums it came with. I'm probably getting this one once I've saved up enough. I have roughly $600 but I turned 16 in October so I'll get a job soon if I can. What music do you play on it? I will be playing Avenged Sevenfold mostly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2011 7:58:50 PM PST
Scrawford says:
These things sound AMAZING even with the stock drum heads that they come with. I'm still using the stock heads even and they are beautiful, so i can only imagine what a quality drum head will do to them. I was extremely and pleasantly surprised by the sound, especially on the killer bass. Interesting though, I'm 16 also and i did TONS of research before i ever bought this kit, i'm kinda paranoid i guess about spending a lot of money and only getting something decent. But i can honestly say, and i know many who will back me up, you can't go wrong with this kit. PDP is a dependable company, and they have really outdone themselves with the x7. Oh man, Avenged Sevenfold is actually one of my favorite bands of all time, and i play their music a lot, and it sounds amazing. The fact that this comes with 5 toms also really makes it helpful, esp when playing a7x stuff. I recommend this set to anyone, especially another Sevenfold player. Also, as i mentioned before i actually bought this same kit for only $600 here because of some lucky price cut, so you ought to try looking around to see if there are any more sweet deals!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2011 1:02:08 PM PST
Marian Bauer says:
Dude that's awesome. I'm probably going to get a double bass pedal and about 3 or 4 cymbals with the drum set. Then it will be a matter of practice to be able to shred on drums. I've been a drummer since I was about 9 but in a classical band with just concert snares and stuff. I've only ever played on a few legit drum sets but I was decent on them. Avenged Sevenfold is my favorite band and I've already gone to one of their concerts and am going to another in about 2 weeks. Sucks about the price raise but by the time I get the money they will hopefully cut the price again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2011 3:04:17 PM PST
Scrawford says:
Oh lucky man! RIP Jimmy though...but yeah man again this kit is sweet. Any idea what cymbals you'll be getting for it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2011 4:36:16 PM PST
Marian Bauer says:
Zildjian ZBT 10, 12, 14, 16 cymbals. And I can't decide between Zildjian 14 inch ZBT Rock hi-hat and Meinl HCS 13 inch hi hats. Any recommendations? RIP Jimmy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2011 4:37:53 PM PST
Marian Bauer says:
Oh and I can't find cymbal stands with solid reviews. I picked out a good hi-hat stand from Pacific Drums, but I need good straight cymbal stands and boom cymbal stands.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2011 7:39:09 PM PST
Marian Bauer says:
Actually now I think I'm getting ZHT cymbals instead. They are more expensive but more durable. I got rid of the 12 and got 18 instead. So I will get 10, 14, 16, 18 ZHT Cymbals. Hi-hat is still 14 but is now ZHT.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2011 7:54:23 PM PST
Scrawford says:
OK man good choice on the switch there, i was going to recommend the ZHTs anyways, cuz that's what i started with. I'm concerned though about your sizes, are you getting a ride cymbal? Sounds like you're getting a 10" splash, 14" hats, and two crashes, so you'd be missing a very essential component. They do have ZHT packs you can buy that come with all you need. And pertaining to cymbal stands, i've always used Pacific stands, even before i bought this kit, and i'm satisfied with them.

And just on the note of cymbals again, generally if you're going to be playing stuff like a7x, you're going to want some bigger cymbals. Like i use 14" hats, an 18" crash, a 19" crash, and a 22" ride, along with all my effects cymbals. But nobody can tell you how to set up your kit, and that's why drumming is so great. Good luck!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›