Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, August 20, 2003
This review is from: Three Days Grace (Audio CD)
When I first heard "I hate everything about you" I instantly fell in love with the song. I waited patiently until the CD came out, expecting it to be pretty good. And it was. The songs have good melodies, which make it sound very pop-ish, but the guitar is pretty heavy which balances it out. Adam's voice also makes the songs sound heavier. Lyrics are very hear-felt, mostly about failing relationships with friends / girlfriends, etc. Very relatable.
Songs:
1. Burn - Wicked beginning. I like the drums a lot. Good Chorus. Verses are good aswell. Nothing too special about this song but it will be a radio hit no-doubt. 4/5
2. Just Like You - Pretty good song. Guitar is good. The Chorus gets a little repettitive. Verses and Bridge are better than the Chorus. 4/5
3. I Hate Everything about You - One of the few radio-played songs I could listen to over and over. I liked this song a lot when it came out, and even though it's over-played I still listen to it and never skip it when I listen to this CD. 5/5
4. Home - I love the guitar in the verses of this song. It's awesome. I dont like how they repeat "home" over and over, but what can I do? This song is really good and I like it a lot and it'll probably be a radio hit too. 5/5
5. Scared - I haven't really gotten into this song. It's okay but nothing special about it. I dont like the guitar in the beginning. And I don't really understand the lyrics. Nothing relatable to the lyrics at all... well unless your a paranoid person I guess. But the song is still okay its catchy. 3.5/5
6. Let You Down - Very Interesting yet amazing song. The song starts off very eerie sounding. Then in the chorus it becomes more heavy. I like this song a lot. VERY GOOD! 5/5
7. Now or Never - Good Song. Very melodic. But then again, the guitar's heavy so it balances it out. The chorus gets repettitive, but it's still good. 4/5
8. Born Like This - Nothing too special about this. I like the vocals in the verses. Chorus gets repettitive again but still pretty good. 3. 5/5
9. Drown - Didn't love it in the beginning but it's growing on me now. 3.5/5
10. Wake Up - My favorite song on the CD. Guitar is very interesting. I like the lyrics aswell. The whole song is catchy. And even though the melody is similar the whole way through I still can't get sick of it. 5/5
11. Take Me Under - Very different melody for the beginning but is catchy the whole way through. Im starting to like this song the more and more I hear it. 5/5
12. Overrated - Don't love this song but I like it. There's nothing too catchy about it but its quite interesting after listening to it a few times in a row. 4/5
So all in all I think this CD is worth buying, especially for the price!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]