3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Three Days Grace (Audio CD)
When I first heard "I hate everything about you" I instantly fell in love with the song. I waited patiently until the CD came out, expecting it to be pretty good. And it was. The songs have good melodies, which make it sound very pop-ish, but the guitar is pretty heavy which balances it out. Adam's voice also makes the songs sound heavier. Lyrics are very hear-felt, mostly about failing relationships with friends / girlfriends, etc. Very relatable.
1. Burn - Wicked beginning. I like the drums a lot. Good Chorus. Verses are good aswell. Nothing too special about this song but it will be a radio hit no-doubt. 4/5
2. Just Like You - Pretty good song. Guitar is good. The Chorus gets a little repettitive. Verses and Bridge are better than the Chorus. 4/5
3. I Hate Everything about You - One of the few radio-played songs I could listen to over and over. I liked this song a lot when it came out, and even though it's over-played I still listen to it and never skip it when I listen to this CD. 5/5
4. Home - I love the guitar in the verses of this song. It's awesome. I dont like how they repeat "home" over and over, but what can I do? This song is really good and I like it a lot and it'll probably be a radio hit too. 5/5
5. Scared - I haven't really gotten into this song. It's okay but nothing special about it. I dont like the guitar in the beginning. And I don't really understand the lyrics. Nothing relatable to the lyrics at all... well unless your a paranoid person I guess. But the song is still okay its catchy. 3.5/5
6. Let You Down - Very Interesting yet amazing song. The song starts off very eerie sounding. Then in the chorus it becomes more heavy. I like this song a lot. VERY GOOD! 5/5
7. Now or Never - Good Song. Very melodic. But then again, the guitar's heavy so it balances it out. The chorus gets repettitive, but it's still good. 4/5
8. Born Like This - Nothing too special about this. I like the vocals in the verses. Chorus gets repettitive again but still pretty good. 3. 5/5
9. Drown - Didn't love it in the beginning but it's growing on me now. 3.5/5
10. Wake Up - My favorite song on the CD. Guitar is very interesting. I like the lyrics aswell. The whole song is catchy. And even though the melody is similar the whole way through I still can't get sick of it. 5/5
11. Take Me Under - Very different melody for the beginning but is catchy the whole way through. Im starting to like this song the more and more I hear it. 5/5
12. Overrated - Don't love this song but I like it. There's nothing too catchy about it but its quite interesting after listening to it a few times in a row. 4/5
So all in all I think this CD is worth buying, especially for the price!