4.0 out of 5 stars Meets my expectations, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA MG5520 Wireless All-In-One Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Auto Duplex Printing, White (Tablet Ready) (Office Product)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I purchased this printer for my office two reasons. First, I wanted to be able to print from my phone or ipad wirelessly. Second, I wanted a decent color printer for once-in-a-while color prints. I set the machine up and tested it a short while ago and here’s my feedback:

• Printer comes with a CD that helps you with the set up process. I suggest you use it because without it you will most likely have problems. I’m a pretty technical person and I needed the set up CD. It took me about a half hour to get through the set-up, including connecting to a wireless router.

• Once connected I was able to print easily from my computer via wifi. Speed of printing is not bad either.

• You will need to download an app to print from your phone/ipad called PIXMA Print. From this app I was able to access my photo library on my phone and quickly print via wifi. I was able to easily and quickly adjust paper size, paper type, etc. from within the app so it works well.

• Photo quality is ok, consistent with other color printers. Don’t expect anything special.

• Overall, this printer is exactly what I wanted for the office and works to my expectations. If you are looking for a wireless printer for home I can’t see why you won’t like it as well.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 14 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 10, 2013 6:10:18 AM PST
Hello- can someone tell me if this printer works with the current Mac OS 10.9? Thanks!

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 4:41:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2014 9:05:41 AM PST
If considering this printer I highly suggest looking at the MG5420 instead, it is a much better printer in my opinion for roughly the same price point. And before committing to either you might also want to check out the MG7120.

For example, the MG7120 and MG5420 print color at a much higher resolution and are significantly faster than the MG5520.

- Canon PIXMA Printing Solutions MG7120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer, Cloud Enabled, Black
- Canon PIXMA Printing Solutions MG7120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer, Cloud Enabled, White
- Canon PIXMA MG5420 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2013 8:17:24 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 22, 2013 8:19:10 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013 7:34:53 AM PST
Greetings Jennifer, yes it does.

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 2:40:39 PM PST
Emeraldmay says:
Very well put. I used the CD, and it walked me through each step. All in all, it took about 30 minutes to set up with computer and iPad. The initial print set up takes a little while 2-3 minutes, but it tells you that on the screen. It is very easy to print from the iPad once you have the wireless set up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2014 6:30:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2014 6:32:43 AM PST
Betsy says:
do you know if it is also compatible with windows 8? husband and i share wireless printer (he's got the windows 8 and i use the windows 7). Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2014 8:50:01 AM PST
Wanna says:
works fine on my windows8

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 1:04:52 AM PDT
Pat Stone says:
Is this printer able to do larger prints well without excessive extra testing trial prints

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 7:50:22 AM PDT
Can you print from other Smart Phones, tablets, etc. besides the I-phone series? e.g., an LG smart phone and others.....

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 4:22:37 PM PDT
My printer works fine wirelessly but how do i print in just black and white?
dumb question but when i send things from my ipad they automatically print in color and its killing my ink. please help.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›