1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable slow cooker will let you down., November 14, 2009
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 33967 Set 'n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, Silver (Kitchen)
I bought this slow cooker back in January in spite of the the bad reviews. Why? It seemed there were far more people who were very happy with it. I was very happy for nine months. The programmable features were great. I loved that it switched itself over to warm, which made it very convenient. Then one day I came home, and the slow cooker was completely cold and dinner was ruined. I thought maybe I'd forgotten to set it. It worked fine the next few times I used it, then it happened again. It worked a few more times, then it stopped working completely. My last crockpot, though not as flashy, lasted for over 8 years. An appliance that can't make it a year is just not worth bothering with.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2009 9:06:17 AM PST
Info Junkie says:
Did you check to see if your power had switched off? This cooker doesn't come back on after even a small power failure.

Posted on Nov 16, 2009 10:51:17 AM PST
did you try to exchange it for a good unit? maybe you just got a dud. give it a chance.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2009 12:34:01 PM PST
E. Gruenwald says:
It wasn't a power failure since none of the clocks on the same circuit had shut down. Also, it stopped working entirely just a short time after the first failure.

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 5:32:57 PM PDT
MIKE says:
Bad reviews?? I see mostly great reviews

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 5:12:35 PM PDT
frushtrated says:
@ Mike Don't you think the 40+ "one-star reviews" is pretty significant? Nearly 8% of the reviews are two stars or less. It's a drag too, because this sounds like it would be a great one if you got one that worked correctly.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 4:33:44 AM PDT
This exact thing happened to me after owning the unit for a year and a half. I was lucky enough to come home soon enough to put the dinner into my 20-year-old Rival Crock-Pot which completed cooking just fine. My cooker will turn on and everything works fine except - no heat. No low, no high, no warm, nothing. A Google search of this product shows the same problem experienced by a number of people. I don't want a replacement that will just do the same thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:25:50 PM PDT
Sam Swing says:
For every bad review complaining about a lemon there are probably hundreds or thousands of units that work fine day in and day out. Most satisfied customer don't shout their joy from the rooftops.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 8:27:43 PM PDT
Janelle says:
What kind of crockpot did you have that lasted for over 8 years? I'd really like to know, because I want to get my mom a good crockpot for Christmas. Thanks!

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 2:35:05 PM PDT
RedDB says:
I am having the exact same problem - mine is a few years old. The last 2 times I have used it it shut off. The first time I thought it was a fluke. I tried it a few days later and it happened again. Considering that when I use this thing, it usually is full of well over $20 worth of ingredients, it isnt worth messing around with this when you start having to throw your suppers out because the thing turned off.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 9:18:05 AM PST
Alvin Crespo says:
Ours starting doing this as well. Worked great for the year and a half that it survived but now it just shuts off after 10 minutes. Maybe a dud, but because its no longer in warranty, we can't do anything about it.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›