5.0 out of 5 stars The Fresh Beats band at its best, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Fresh Beat Band: The Wizard Of Song (DVD)
My kids love the Fresh Beats band and have seen all of the first 2 seasons. Although their music is catchy and they do a great show for kids it wasn't until I purchased this DVD and watched it with my kids that I was won over. Since we don't have cable (only Netflix and Hulu Plus) we hadn't seen any of these episodes prior to buying this disc. The Wizard of Song episode was really well done. It was a perfect mix of the original story and the style of the Freash Beats. I thought that it was quite clever. This was also the first time that I had seen the new Marina. Some may disagree with me but I thought she was great. Yes, she is different then the previous actress that filled the role but I felt that she was a great fit with the group and had excellent energy. This disc also included a couple of other episodes. I was pleased to see that in these episodes the band actually ventures to different locations outside of their original set which allowed for a greater variation in the stories. The band members also changed outfits quite a bit but still managed to maintain their signature colors which was a lot of fun. I highly recommend this disc.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2013 11:27:43 PM PST
EYEL1NER says:
Thanks for the review. I did have one question though: Is this an actual official DVD release or is it like Season One and Two where Amazon just rips them to DVD?
It's good that your kids liked it. My three-year-old loves The Fresh Beat Band but for a while merchandise for the show was almost non-existent. I was actually looking for a FBB book that I knew was releasing this month and saw this film listed, so this is awesome news that it is out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 4:50:09 PM PST
Kimberly V. says:
I pulled out the disc to have a look at it and I can't tell if it is an official release or not. It looks like it is one but since I haven't purchased Season One and Two from Amazon I have nothing to compare it to. I haven't seen a lot of FBB merchandise either. My husband did take my son to see them when they were on tour though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:10:55 PM PST
EYEL1NER says:
Well thank you for having a look. I think the Season One and Two DVDs are supposed to be pretty obvious that they are on a DVD-R, so if you can't tell, this is probably a real release from Nickelodeon or something.
I bought my daughter and wife tickets to see them last Oct also. I haven't been in the country since Aug, so I didn't get to go with her, but my wife said she loved it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (71 customer reviews)

$9.99 $5.79