Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE This App!, May 30, 2012
This review is from: Rain Therapy: Rest, Relax, Unwind (App)
I bought this app because I have summer-onset SAD. Basically, it's a bit like the winter version, except that bright, hot summer days bring about the "blahs"--including weakness, tiredness and lethargy (yes, the condition exists, believe it or not!)

After a string of 90 degree weather, I was feeling particularly blah. I came across this app and, remembering how I feel energized during overcast days (and how much I love the sound of rain!), I thought I'd give it a try. I mean, it's only 99 cents, right?

As soon as it installed and I saw what it did...WOW. I felt a good bit better. It's as if you're lying down, with a window above you, and rain splatters gently on the glass. In the sky, clouds scuttle across slowly--with peeks of sun shining through.

And the sound of rain! LOVE it! So relaxing. Even some thunder sprinkled in.

If you love the sound (or looks) of rain, I highly recommend this app for the Kindle Fire.

-- Janet Boyer, author of lots of stuff

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 2, 2012 12:49:12 PM PDT
Wallflower says:
I loved to see I am not the only one that prefers the rain to the hot sunny days!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 6:25:10 AM PDT
Janet Boyer says:
High 5! :oD

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 11:02:10 AM PDT
Pie Grrrl says:
Count ME as another Summer Hater! All of my 59 years, I dreaded the onset of Summer and counted the days until Fall, Winter and Spring. And you're correct about the Summer version of S.A.D.--the hotter/brighter it is, the more depressed I become. I downloaded this app, based on your personal story and being a fellow lover of Cool/Cloudy conditions. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 11:36:12 AM PDT
Janet Boyer says:
Oh neat! Do you find the app helpful? Here's another one I discovered but it's audio only: Relax Melodies It has Storm, Waterfall, Rain and more.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 6:43:59 AM PDT
Pie Grrrl says:
I'll have to update you later, Janet, as if the rain app is helpful or not since I've only downloaded it a day ago, based on your recommendation. Very fortunately, in Michigan, we've had two solid days of blessed and precious rain!!!!!! The air conditioner is !OFF!, the windows are all flung open and I am actually wearing clothing!!!!! Yes!, shirts with sleeves! Pants rather than short-shorts! Socks and slippers rather than bare feet! And for the first time in months, I made HOT coffee rather than iced coffee the night before. I am in Heaven! :) I'll go check out the Relax Melodies app you talked about. Thanks for being such a nice and helpful amazon member! <3

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 6:50:21 AM PDT
Pie Grrrl says:
Janet: YOU<<< rock!!! I just visited that Relax Melodies app you recommended and after playing with it on my laptop, I had to download it! The real kicker was how you could overlap the sounds; I've a special fondness for music boxes (thumpa-thumpa goes my heart). I layered Birds/Music Boxes and wanted to just go back to my flannel sheets and down comforter bed and drift back to sleep on this rare rainy day. Awesome app, Janet! Thank you. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 10:13:23 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 14, 2012 7:41:20 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 5:04:07 AM PDT
Thank you for posting that! I have summer SAD too! So glad to know it's a real thing. Unrelenting days of sun & blue sky drag me down. I enjoy clouds & rain. We get plenty of that in winter in western Oregon, but July through September hardly a drop of rain ever falls. We do sometimes get a marine layer of clouds from the coast some mornings. I love that because it helps kept the overall temp for the day down.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 7:53:20 AM PDT
Pie Grrrl says:
Judy: I had never heard about Summer SAD until the Weather Channel talked about it this year. You know the old chestnut: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." Well, apparently all the "sqeakin' and squawkin'" that the Winter SAD people experience gets more air play than us Orphan Summer SAD people receive. But, this I DO know: since early childhood on the prairies of Minnesota, it was the cool, moist, cloudy days of Summer that I loved and lived for the most and counting the days until Autumn. Both of these apps that Janet recommended are such God Sends. But funnily enough, since downloading them, in S.W. Michigan these past 3 days, we've had temps in the low 60's/high 50's and non-stop Lake Effect Rain! LOL Wouldn't ya know it? LMAO I see the dark humour in it and only have to wait another couple of days before the torturous 90's come back to haunt me. THEN I can really use these apps!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 4:02:28 PM PDT
Lucky you having rain! So far, having the app isn't making it rain here yet!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›