4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent speakers for Jeep with Infinity system, November 6, 2010
This review is from: Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch 180-Watt High-Performance 2-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
I chose these speakers for a couple of reason: I wanted to match the factory Infinity system in my Jeep with the same brand speakers. I wanted to make sure I got 2 ohm speakers, which is what the factory speakers are. And I wanted something with high sensitivity. Most factory speakers have high sensitivity which is why they sound so good with a low wattage amp, I think this is important to consider when looking at speakers.

The installation was not very fun. For some reason they chose to use two different sized spade terminals on the speaker. I'm sure this is to make it easy to identify positive from negative, but I only have one size (the larger size) as I'm sure most people do except for a stereo shop. I wasn't about to drive to the store to pick up a box of small spade terminals just to use 4 of them... so I made the larger ones work by crimping them down a little. The adapter rings that come with it for 6-3/4" openings don't come with any screws... once again I don't have 16 incredibly short screws lying around to affix the speaker to the ring. I wound up just screwing it to the door with sheet metal screws, I was not able to use the factory mounting points.

However the speakers are great! I'm not sure why others say they have no bass, I'm guessing they either don't have a 2 ohm factory system or absolutely no sound deadening in their doors, maybe they wired them in backwards? I cranked it up in the driveway and my wife came out and asked me to turn it down because she could hear the booming from inside the house. And that is with the bass turned down on the equalizer! They have excellent upper and mid-range response, with about as good of lows as you can expect from a 6.5" speaker. You can adjust the tweeter output directly on the speaker, which is nice because I already have factory tweets in the dash, I set my tweeters at 0db.

Overall I'm satisfied, the installation was a hassle but I only needed to do it once and I will be enjoying the awesome sound from these speakers for years to come.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2011 9:45:13 PM PST
Researcher says:
What type of Jeep did you install these in? I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty and the passenger front speaker is blown.

To make matters worse the infinity amp is attached to the front speaker and it runs the passenger side of the vehicle. The amp seems to be fine, but I was wondering if you thought this might work or if you had experience with this.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 1:09:37 PM PST
If you're going to do the job, do it right. A trip to the auto parts store and a hardware store (and less than $10) would have gotten you all the parts you needed to install them correctly.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›