Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Required Reading For Today's Men, January 6, 2008
This review is from: That Bitch: Protect Yourself Against Women With Malicious Intent (Paperback)
This book should be required reading for all young men today. Many are the good and decent men in our society who have suffered emotional terrorism at the hands of sick and manipulative women. We must learn the characteristics and strategies of these women if we are to protect ourselves, our families, and our friends.

First and foremost, the authors are to be commended for having the guts to state the truth: that men suffer a great deal of domestic violence. The utterance of this overwhelming truth is a great risk for anyone to take, especially in a culture that refuses to believe that women are capable of and in fact do commit violence against men. The stories of male victims of violence being turned away from state agencies, unjustly incarcerated, and barred from their own homes while their children are left to the devices of violent women are tragic. I think that this book is an important step in breaking the wall of institutional silence and propaganda that allows men and children to remain in harm's way.

But more importantly, this book reveals the problem of emotional abuse against men. Emotional abuse and emotional terrorism are primary tactics of abusive and manipulative women. In using the tools of emotional manipulation, the abusive woman can be a subtle foe; she often preys on men who are good of heart, twisting their good intentions until she achieves her objectives. Up until very recently, men have been relatively defenseless against such tactics. The authors here provide a good look into the characteristics of the emotionally abusive and manipulative woman, and strategies to extricate one's self from her grasp.

I will be recommending this book to any male I know who is about to enter the world of dating and relationships. It's about time men got smart and started looking after themselves. Too many good men are suffering!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 3, 2008 11:46:06 AM PDT
Dennis says:
Years ago I realized that the emotional abuse of men, a bigger problem in our society today than it was then, was being totally ignored by the courts, the news and film media and the public in general. Finally, this travesty in human relationships is being exposed for the insidious destructive force it is. Thanks to this reviewer for pointing it out. I will definitely read this book. D

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2009 2:25:25 PM PDT
poor man says:
totally agree with you dennis...other books you may want to read are
1)in sheep's clothing
2)booby trapped men beware
3)the predatory female

Posted on Apr 7, 2009 7:14:28 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 9, 2009 2:40:18 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 5, 2011 6:39:14 PM PST
D. Gordon says:
Yes, women are more capable of perpetrating emotional abuse than female abuse or I should say, their emotional abuse is more capable of perpetrating harm than their physical abuse. However, physical abuse (regardless of male or female perpetrating it) often accompanies emotional abuse. I have never met a physical abuser who didn't also emotional abuse and/or sexually abuse their victims. To suggest that only women emotional abuse is absurd.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2011 9:45:15 AM PDT
Andrew says:
So it's appropriate that no one is suggesting that ONLY women emotional abuse then isn't it?

Interesting however, that whenever women are being analysed and critiqued the issue always widens out to the 'Not all women are like that' argument...whereas men get villified and debased regularly without any such disclaimer. Typical and expected.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 5:13:50 PM PDT
Hack Attack says:
I agree with you 150%; I have been waiting for some one to write this book. I am planning to suggest this book to men at all the dating sites. I hope this book becomes a best-seller. I am sick of the male bashing since the 70's. I am so proud of these authors. In addition, I am planning to place the name of this book all over my city in Columbus, Ohio. Another book I would recommend is Emotional Vampires by Albert Bernstein. Every high school male should read this book. I love the questions at the back of this book. Thanks for writing.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 8:20:52 PM PDT
Diana says:
oh, what a laugh I got tonight! I never heard of this book before... actually the title appealed to me while searching for reviews on a different book. The funny part is... I am a woman. When I first read the title I was not thinking of this book being geared towards males, my first thought was that it was written for females in corporate positions or situations where personality conflicts arrise and you have no other choice but to get along. Watch out guys... most women trying to get ahead are just down right mean (and this is coming from a woman). Oh well, hopefully one day I will come across the book that examines the female to female corporate relationships or to simplify it -how a female can get along with a female bitch. Until a book that is well written on that topic comes along I will have to rely on past experience. Good Luck to all you Men out there -there are some mean women in the world!

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 6:20:55 PM PDT
I never thought it could be as bad as it got and the law was behind her and not only ignored my cries for help but punished me along with her. That may sound gay but if any guys run across what I did you WILL CRY. It was enough the woman I fell for and had a child with was super mean and clever in her emotional terrorism but when she summoned the law as her weapon it came and put it's boot on my throat while she spit in my face and the hell females have been empowered to inflict on the male gender and the disdain the law has for even the falsely accused became REAL TO ME. Something needs to be done about the states capitalizing on claims of family violence and allegations of abuse targeted towards the male gender. The children are suffering and it's plain evil and sickening how there's no recourse upon false accusers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 11:18:42 PM PDT
Andrew says:
This could have been me, I got out before real lasting damage was done.
Men need to support each other, contact me paulhunt1958@yahoo.co.uk

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 5:05:12 AM PDT
patricio says:
As a woman who has lived long enough to have lost a lot of delusions or illusions about life I can say that this book is frightening but very true. A lot of women anymore are abusive and manipulative and its difficult to find a decent female friend who does not look at men as prey to be conned and abusedb and then dumped when the kids are raised and the man is no longer needed. I has a friendship with a woman in Santa Fe who openly laughed a bout the men she and her sisters used and abused for jewelry and anything else they could get out of them. One sister had a husband who kept running away and her family would find him and bring him back. I was horrified as she advised me to use my husband and then dump him! This woman is a social worker and counselor! Needless to say I stopped being friendly with her but I advise men to be very careful because women overall have become much more vicous not just with men but with each other. I am 46 and have never seen the like of it and have to admit that I have a daughter who is abusive towards her own husband and even encourages her five year old son to hit his dad! Beware!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›