Solid tools for a changing sales environment,
This review is from: Using Technology to Sell: Tactics to Ratchet Up Results (Paperback)I have known and worked with Jon London for over ten years. If there's anything he loves more than selling, it is training sales professionals to greatly improve their selling efforts and profitability. Jonathan is intense about sharing his sales skills because he knows what works. I have never seen any obstacle daunt him. If he can't get around or over it, he will go through it and make an even more profitable sale on the other side.
His latest book is a power-packed combination of learning how to use the new technological tools (which are always changing) and how to enhance your understanding of unchanging human nature. Along the way, he adds his own tools developed and battle-tested during years of field work. This unique mix is one reason this book will remain current for years to come.
As London says:
"Human behavior is also still pretty much the same, although it does seem that there is often less consideration and respect given to salespeople. Respect has always been a scarce commodity. People still:
* Make decisions based on what they want to achieve and what they want to avoid.
* Need to feel comfortable and trust the people or company they are buying from.
* Want to get a good deal or value.
* Rely on others to help them with their decisions.
* Want you to react to them and answer their questions.
* Make decisions based on referrals, quality, convenience, reliability, support, reputation, ease of doing business, safety and security, price, etc."
With this book in hand you will be able to add imaginative and flexible technological tools to your sales kit, as well as prepare yourself to deal effectively with the human resistance that every sales professional encounters during every sales call. But be warned: In the end, after you earn more money for yourself and your organization, you might have to buy better clothes.