123 of 124 people found the following review helpful
These work quite well,
This review is from: Totes Men's Rubber Footwear ( Overshoes )Sm - 7 - 8 1/2 (Apparel)
I was looking for a product that would protect my dress shoes in nasty weather, but would not be so conspicuous that I would feel self conscious when walking into a meeting with them on. These rubber overshoes do the trick. Here are my comments:
1. These run very small, so you need to really size up to get something that will fit comfortably. I bought a medium, which is supposed to fit shoe sizes 8.5 to 9.5, but these very snugly fit my size 8 shoes, and I can't imagine them comfortably fitting a larger shoe size.
2. These are not intended for sneakers, walking shoes with thick rubber soles, or dress boots. They are meant for dress shoes. The negative reviews complaining that these don't work for other things simply miss this point.
3. These are not hard to put on and take off IF you choose the proper size.
4. These look about as stylish as is possible for a rubber overshoe.
5. I have not noticed any "tire" smell unless I hold them within about 6 inches from my nose. Since there is no reason to do that, ignore the negative reviews claiming that these will smell up a room. They don't and they won't.
6. These are good for wet and muddy surfaces, so long as you are not standing in water, slush, snow, or mud that is more than about an inch deep. Beyond that you need something else to protect your shoes.
7. While the toe on these is slightly narrowed for style, I have not had any problem putting these over my different dress shoes, as some negative reviewers have experienced. Once again the trick is to make sure that you order the right size.
8. They easily fold up and don't take up a lot of room in my briefcase when the weather changes and I don't need to use them.
Bottom line: These are effective and not conspicuous. I recommend them.
Update Dec. 10, 2013: Still using the same pair. They work great.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 10, 2014 1:19:02 AM PST
Peter II says:
Thanks for the great review. I have a question... I travel VERY lightly overseas usually once a year. How light are these and do you think they'd work in place of heavier dress shoes (worn with a bootie instead)? Thanks!
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2014 9:52:20 PM PST
T. BUCCELLI says:
I have a pair - going to purchase another. These would not replace normal dress shoes. These are strictly a rubber protective layer to put over your existing dress shoes.
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2014 11:47:01 PM PST
Peter II says:
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›