5.0 out of 5 stars It works! I am healing from MS., March 16, 2014
This review is from: The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine (Hardcover)
I have followed DR Wahls for 8 months now. I watched Minding Your Mitochondria: Dr. Terry Wahls at TEDxIowaCity last year and gave her diet a try. Wow it has been 8 months and I feel great. I have had no problem following this diet because I feel so good. I have never cheated. Trust me a sandwich never tasted as good as living a pain free life. I never have cravings for my old foods because the food I eat is so nutrient dense that I am full and satisfied. And the food in this diet is delicious. MY PCP now recommends this diet to her Patients. She is also following the DR Wahls Paleo diet and her Arthritis pain went away in 3 days. I am purchasing an extra book to share at our book Library at our Local Market. I feel so strongly that this diet works I want to share it with everyone.

I was not sure if I should purchase DR Wahls new book because I was already doing her diet and it was working. I am so glad I did. There is so much more in this book than I knew. I have even more ideas for eating better, supplements and the science behind why it works.

Dr. Wahls is my Hero. Her story changed my life. I do not even have the words to describe my gratitude to her. I was never this happy before my diagnosis with MS 10 years ago and I lived with my MS with grace and a smile on my face. Attitude is everything right and I thought if I faked being happy I would be fine. No more faking happy here I now life the best life possible! I am a Wahls Warrior!!!

My New BLOG-
I got Lyme Disease 10 years ago in the Cascade Mountains at Cultus Lake. It got bad quick. I was Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis 6 months later. The day before my Oldest Daughter turned 6. I will never forget that day 9 years ago. Having both Lyme and MS became very hard to treat. Doctors in Oregon would not treat the Lyme Disease and I had to travel out of State as far as Connecticut on a couple occasions. I had so many different specialists. We tried every antibiotic even a 100 days of IVs antibiotics delivered directly to my heart via a picc line. I did 2 different MS Injections one being a small dose of Chemo Therapy. One lovely side effect of that one is Suicidal Depression. I was lucky to have a great Nurse Practitioner watching me very closely. My symptoms were getting worse and I was so depressed and sick. I had to stop the Shots.
DSCF0034
I lost eyesight in 1 eye over 8 times and had lesions on my eye nerves. A total of 17 lesions in my brain and spine on last count. And 13 previous ones that healed after IV Antibiotics. In total 40 lesions. I lost all feeling in my Legs and walked with a Cane for a year. I rarely ever wanted to get out of bed and enjoy life. I had given up.
sick 2013
The Doctors best advice was to learn to live with it happily! Life is all about attitude, right? NO! I wanted to feel good too. I was not me anymore I was a shell of a once happy person. I had heard Doctors say a healthy diet may help with quality of life. It seemed silly to me how could food do anything if there great drugs did nothing?
cabbage
I loved my SAD Diet(Standard American Diet). I dipped everything in Ranch and washed it down with a Coke. I thought the joy my taste buds felt also made me feel good. Boy, was I wrong. That food had left me so inflamed.
Schultz04
I went and saw a very Alternative Practitioner who studies Iridology. She looked in my eyes and said this will be easy, you just need good Digestion and Detox. We will feed your body the most nutritious food, detox the toxins out and treat the Parasite's. You body will then start to heal and your immune system will start to work right. That was 2 years ago. I really did not believe her at the time!
carrot 12
I went Vegetarian in the beginning. We did a big 10 day cleanse and I started to feel normal again. There was a glimmer of hope. but something was still missing. We were always hungry. I randomly saw a video on facebook about a DR with MS. My Moms Friend had been diagnosed recently so we hit play and watched together. Please watch Dr. Wahls here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc
The first thing to pop on the screen "recorded on 11/11/11." Me and my oldest Friend love 11 11 in all forms. It is our thing. I knew this video was going to be good. By the way our other new thing is Lyme Disease we both test CDC Positive. What is the likeliness of that? Especially in Oregon where they say we do not have Lyme Disease. That is a whole other story.
memooly
Dr Wahls has PPMS that is the bad MS, Primary Progressive. I have RRMS, Relapsing Remitting. Meaning it comes and goes you will have good months and bad months. Mine always seemed to be bad and worse. But with PPMS it is just downhill no recovery. There is no Treatment or Cure for PPMS.
Dr-Terry-Wahls-2nd-stage-Multiple-Sclerosis
In the video Dr. Wahls talks about taking all the best MS Drugs and having the Top MS Specialist. Yet she continued to get sicker. She then decided to research the Disease herself. She realized she needed to heal her Mitochondria. She found the Nutrients the Mitochondria needed to thrive and heal. She supplemented them with Vitamins and that did not work. She then decided to find them in her Food. She developed the Dr Wahls Paleo Diet and is no longer in a Wheelchair. She is biking 18 miles and just started jogging again this year, my Hero!!!
Dr.-Terry-Wahls-Up-from-the-chair-Multiple-Sclerosis
Right now she has Clinical Trials treating MS with a Paleo Diet. A Clinical Trial using REAL FOOD as medicine that is unheard of. And guess what first round was successful in treating Fatigue. A major problem for people with MS. She is going to Change the World with Real Food and I am going to help!!
Shopping a couple weeks later I saw a Paleo Bar at the store. Made by a Local Oregon Company, Paleo Eats. It was so good I said I can do this I am going Paleo! I asked the owner Debbie on Facebook what book I should buy, she suggested Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo BS,NC. I ordered it on Amazon. The book came as we were walking out the door to visit the In Laws in Texas. I threw it in my carry on and boarded the plane.
cro br
First words in book "Let food be thy medicine , and medicine be thy food."-Hippocrates.
Diane writes.
"Know this:
We are not smarter than Nature.
We cannot make better food than nature.
We need to eat real, whole food-period."
cab
I was in love. Diane's book spoke to me as she breaks down what the grains and the dairy were doing to my Auto Immune Disease. Something clicked for me and I jumped right in. I instantly gave up all Grains/Dairy/Legumes/Soy/Corn that day and added back in Organic Pastured Animal Products. It was very easy to find great grass fed beef in Texas!
ppaleo
That was August 2013, result I have been in remission from my MS and Lyme Disease since December 2013. It took less than 4 months of getting the Grains, Dairy and GMOs out of my diet for my Auto Immune Disease to shut off. And I lost 85 pounds! Just a huge bonus!
115DSCN3587
I am walking up hills again! Volunteering in our local food movement because I have the energy. I am a new happy healthier version of me. I love me again! You really learn to appreciate life when it is so close to gone.
oh yah
A little on GMOs. It just so happens by following this Diet and only buying Organic and mostly Local ingredients we cut out all GMOS from our Diet. We do not even eat meat that eats GMO feed. The more I learn about Genetically Modified Food. The more it scares me. It is not natural and I believe the bodies immune system is freaking out because of it. I think this is one big reason we are having a surge of Auto Immune Disease in America.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 24, 2014 7:41:25 PM PDT
Ditto, I feel great!

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 10:37:45 AM PDT
Shasha says:
http://articles.mercola.com/members/Shasha/default.aspx This is what I do for my MS. Best wishes.

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 4:03:23 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 29, 2014 4:03:33 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 25, 2014 1:59:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 25, 2014 2:03:41 AM PDT
All those years of Jerry Lewis telethons to finance the evil and corrupt medical industry's fake quest for a cure for MD. The medical industry doesn't want to cure anything. They just want to make millions of people pay for expensive and ineffective treatments, particularly dangerous and ineffective drugs. That's what's profitable. That's why you never hear about them finding a cure for anything. Instead individual doctors such as Wahls as well as people in the nutritional and natural healing community, are the ones who show us how to cure chronic conditions. You would think that with all the huge advances in science and technology in other areas, the medical industry would find at least a few cures for something. But they never do find any cures for anything. The most profitable thing for them to do is to keep people sick for as many years as possible and profit off of expensive treatments. This is exactly what they do.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2014 6:55:10 AM PDT
Shasha says:
HI, I agree.. cancer/MS/ALS etc. money raised may not help much since they don't want to cure, but keep the money coming in. The answer to MS is already here in Alternative medicine. One drug can't fix nutrients not absorbed due to gluten and lowering the immune system may allow cancer etc. They want $5000 for each drug. Some MS drugs are the same as turmeric or cordyceps mushrooms or fumeric acid except they may add some bonds to patent it and say it is different. Those supplements may be cheap to get so they are trying to outlaw supplements etc. The Celiac diet/vitamins/good oils, LDN, detoxing and more may help many health issues fast of the brain/body but few find this out. Tests may not work to diagnose Celiac and few doctors are trained in vitamins/good oils or will give LDN etc. The answer is already here, pray people will find Alternative medicine and get the help they need. Withholding Amour thyroid and thyroid medicine/Vit B12 shots/LDN/bioidentical hormones/detoxing etc which keeps people sick and the doctors are blind to the real answer. Terry is getting people to see the truth of the matter. To me all MS people can be fixed fast with the right help and not need drugs for depression/spasms/pain/antibiotics/MS etc. God's way to me is the natural way which works awesome. Pray that people discover they can heal in a simple/cheap way and will try it.

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 9:34:18 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2015 7:51:44 AM PST
C. Farinella says:
Yes, Primary Progressive MS is the worst form and you can go from RRMS directly to PPMS or have PPMS without ever having the warning signs of RRMS, but Dr. Wahls has the Secondary Progressive form as I do. Thank God!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2015 8:19:36 AM PST
Shasha says:
Hi, It is all about what they are eating. Eat it daily and have problems daily and steadily go downhill. Relapsing/remitting....eat and then don't eat what is hurting them. Names to me aren't needed. It is just what they eat. All MS people can heal fast if they eat the foods that only help them and don't hurt them and take vitamins/good oils, LDN to help block hidden gluten and detox. I can't skip anything in my protocol or I am not ok. If my thyroid medicine is too low...then my gut lining doesn't heal and oxygen is too low to cells. Don't go by TSH for thyroid medicine. TSH may not be made due to antibodies to the pituitary also besides thyroid. Best wishes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›