Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Hardware issue, September 2, 2012
This review is from: HP Pavilion g7-2010nr 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
When I would open & close the lid, the monitor would stay black for 3 - 10 seconds and flicker 3 - 5 times before the image would stay. This started the first day and progressively got worse. I had turned off all monitor and hard drive power settings (no sleep mode, hibernation, etc)., and checked to ensure all drivers (video, bios, etc) were up-to-date. With all software up-to-date, I then knew it was a hardware issues. I called HP and tech support who agreed it was a hardware issue and offered to repair it for free as it was 4 days old. I told them "no" and am returning it. Also, the DVD drive would start for no reason and the function keys didn't always work. The sound key and monitor brightness keys sometimes took multiple hits to work.

Edited on September 5....HP tech support has been nothing but fantastic. They bumped my call up to next level support and then emailed me and called me. I informed them of what fixes I tried, how they didn't work and it is a hardware issue, and I am just going to return it. They provided me with a coupon for an HP Store purchase for my troubles and hoped I would buy a HP again. They went out of their to try to make me happy (I wasn't upset, I understand that hardware issues will happen).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 4, 2012 9:17:45 AM PDT
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your feedback. Hewlett-Packard always appreciates input from its customers. Your concerns and comments will assist us as we make future product decisions. We apologize for any problems or inconveniences this may have caused you.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 2:49:20 PM PDT
Alfred says:
I have bought a "lemon" also, and am ready to junk it! It is about 18 months old!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 1:08:53 AM PDT
L. Golino says:
I wonder why some people say they get good help from HP, and others like me were treated with disdain. I do not appreciated having wasted my time, money, and energy on a two HP machines that did not work. HP sucks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 5:24:48 AM PST
Youxiang Mao says:
This type of trouble happened to me too. No Manufacture is good in their customer support (it's just too hard to them too). The best way is to return and get another one. It's more like something about how luck you are in terms of the sepcific item you got!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 12:15:46 PM PST
Dear Youxiang Mao,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience regarding the issues with your Hewlett-Packard computer. If you agree, I would like to discuss this issue with you further.

In order to review or escalate your issue, please send me an email with your product information and/or any service ticket number to PSGSocialmedia@hp.com.

Please include your Amazon username. I look forward to your response.

Hewlett Packard Company

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 4:29:40 PM PST
I will never buy an HP again. Normally I never "boycott" a company but I've owned 3 HPs all had hardware issues and NO help from HP. Meanwhile other budget machines I've bought are working flawlessly one dell is 7 years old works great. A TX2000 I bought even had a 4yr extended warranty and HP was no help. Any issue MUST have been caused by physical damage, they would not even look at it before telling me that. I feel your pain OP and IMO anyone who claims to have been helped from HP CS is VERY VERY lucky, dishonest or Guerrilla Advertising for HP...

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 7:24:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2013 4:08:24 PM PDT
Eileen says:
I agree totally. It is the worst computer I have ever bought. Mine has had trouble since I opened the box 3 months ago. HP will not make it right saying that it works fine but it doesn't. I think it is an inferior product. I did get an offer for a coupon for $125. to apolgize for the poor functioning of the unit and bad customer service on 3 occasions. I went to the HP website as they said to but there was very little product available. I wonder if they are going out of business.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2013 8:23:37 AM PDT
Dear Eileen,

In order to review or escalate your issue, please send me an email with your product/contact information and/or any service ticket number to PSGSocialmedia@hp.com

Please include your Amazon username. I look forward to your response.

Hewlett Packard Company

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2013 4:30:16 AM PDT
Eileen says:
I bought this pc. I have never bought such an inferior product. I was treated unprofessionally by all techs. One even said, you Americans don't realize how hard things are in this world. Another one said, I hear you have dogs in the back ground. Americans think they are part and we eat them. I said yes, but they are like my children as I was born sterile. A supervisor had me push a button for 2 hours to see if the HD was damaged and they already knew it was! I have other things to do but push a button for 2 hours! You must be kidding by hiring this inept group of people. I will not do any more business with HP.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2013 4:33:29 AM PDT
Eileen says:
I have had the same experience. No one seems to care here about it either here or at HP. I may have as well thrown $500 out the window. Mine is just 3 months old.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›