4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
It had promise...,
This review is from: Supreme Commander 2 - PC (DVD-ROM)After being a huge fan of the original as so many other's who have reviewed this game I will admit to having high expectations.
So that this review is not turned into a rant by my frustration (It will anyways) at what could have been an amazing RTS game, I'll skip right to the Pro-Cons summary:
-The game engine was either completely new or overhauled, I have yet to lag due to "too many units/animations" on screen unlike the original SupCom.
-Despite some of the EXTREMELY cheesey Experimental unit names, I liked the idea of the units like Fatboy II, SoulRipper II, etc. Continuity can be fun sometimes.
- What the hell were you thinking Chris Taylor? Square Enix and Steam? Seriously?
- NO more MODS....they are non-existant thanks to the aforementioned Steam instead of the old (and halfway-decent) GPG.net.
- Where'd all the units go? I only have 4-5 options for ground units? Only 2-3 Air units? 3-4 Naval units? SERIOUSLY?
- NO! JUST NO! YOU HAVE TAKEN SO MUCH ALREADY! You decided to take my defensive structures too? WHY GOD WHY!?!?!
- The "Less is more" does not work in this game...
So if you are just starting RTS games, this might be fun for you!
However if you are actually an avid player, Stay far away from this game.
The only thing you'll find is dissapointment.