5.0 out of 5 stars Pink's back and ready to rock, December 6, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Try This (Audio CD)
How do you follow an album that had four top five singles? How do you follow an album that sold twelve million copies world-wide? Let's admit it people- Pink's latest album, "M!ssundaztood" was such a huge sucess that it would be hard to expect too much of "Try This". I didn't, and I must say I was pleasently surprised. This album is an in your face, kick [..] album- just like Miss. Pink herself.
1. Trouble- This is a great song- maybe not the best choice for first single, but a great kick-off for the album. The bridge sounds sort of 60's though- it's good but doesn't seem to fit the beat of the rest of the song. The video is the best video I've seen in a long time. "Trouble" is a stiff at radio, but first singles aren't always an indication of how the album will do. For example, Christina Aguilera's "Stripped" is being reported as one of the top five best selling albums of 2003, but the catchy first single "Dirrty" was a huge flop. Grade- A.
2. God Is A DJ- This is a standout track. It's the second single, though it should have been the first. Off the wall chorus, and funny lines such as "I've been the girl- middle finger in the air" and "God wants you to get on the floor and shake that a**" lol. Grade- A+.
3. Last to Know- Very good, though is sort of a song that you would expect from Pink- very ordinary. The chorus gets stuck in my head all the time. This might be the third single but I hope it isn't. Grade- A- because it's still great.
4. Tonight's the Night- the sequal to "Get the Party Started" but a heck of a lot better. The line "Gotta get the h*** outa Hollywood cause every day here's halloween" is so true. Wonderful music. Grade- A.
5. Oh My God ft. Peaches- Oh my god I love this song!! (No joke intended). Peaches's rap is so hot. When I heard that Peaches was on the song, I was like "Whoa this is gonna be X- rated", but it's actually not too raunchy. Grade- A+.
6. Catch Me While I'm Sleeping- This is a beautiful ballad. The only thing I dislike about it is that despite its 5:03 running time, the verses end around the 3 minute mark and we get a 2 minute repitition of the chorus. Grade- B+.
7. Wating For Love- Oh God, Pink's vocals are amazing! So sweet and not scratchy at all (not that I don't love her "smoker" voice) on the verses and b-sides, and then so powerful on the chorus... Wow. A standout track. Grade- A.
8. Save My Life- Everyone seems to love this song, and I much as I like the lyrics and the message, the music is...average, for lack of a better word. Poorest track on the disc. Grade- B.
9. Try Too Hard- This is an amazing song with a message that will shut that little "female dog" with a tie (er...Avril Lavigne) up. I love the chorus, and it's kind of cool how Pink altered the chorus at the end so the critics can't acuse her of "calling other artists but not herself fake". Grade- A.
10. Humble Neighborhoods- The rap verses and the "weeeeeee don't wanna go home" is cool, but something about the chorus greatly disturbs me. Other than that cool song. Grade- A-.
11. Walk Away- An awesome song that might be a single for it is very radio friendly. It's sort of a poppish rock song, but that's ok. I love the end. Grade- A.
12. Unwind- Pink really likes Janis Joplin, and you can tell. It has a really funny line- "My life is like a fairy tale that nobody believes in". The chorus is great. It's sad that the woman this song is about died at 27 though. Grade- A.
13. Love Song- THE BEST SONG ON THE CD. Oh my god I love it!!! It's so sweet and subtle. The lyrics and the melody are outstanding. It's shortness is part of its charm. The perfect album closer. Grade- A++++++!
In conclusion, "Try This" is a fantastic album that I would recomend to anyone searching for an amazing CD by a talented young lady.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]