5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Camera, March 22, 2010
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T2i DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (OLD MODEL) (Camera)
This camera is simply amazing. I am not a professional photographer - but I wanted to get better pictures than a point and shoot digital camera. What can I say? This thing is an easy camera to use with a ton of features.

Coming from a point/shoot world -- this camera was easy to use right out of the box on auto mode. I don't have the steadiest of hands but I could take very nice pictures with this, even in low light. Blacks looked black (without grain in the picture, like many cameras produce in low light). The default pic size is huge (5K x 3K or something like that). I used a 32GB SDHC which rates at about 3979 pics at this size.

Rapid shot was a nice feature. The built in screen is large and very clear. Looks like it may actually be HD resolution.

Video capture was decent. It is full 1080, and even though it can do 30p, I think 24p is better. Like many video cameras, the video capture is not so good in lower light (where flash would be used for a still).

Remember I am not an expert photographer so I cannot comment on advanced features. For the average/novice user, the modes work really well. The camera is easy to use and produces stellar pictures. Some people have complained of the camera's bulk, but I nor my wife have any complaints at all about its size/weight. It is really easy to hold and handle.

In short both my wife and I are very excited about this camera and am very glad we got it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 23, 2010 4:24:28 AM PDT
Matt says:
I've read that your problem with 1080P at 30fps is because your memory card isn't fast enough. You may need to get an SDXC card or at least a Class 6 for 30fps to record properly.
Otherwise, thanks for your review from a point-and-shoot perspective. I haven't used a SLR for 15 years, so I'm coming from a similar field you were!

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 3:51:02 PM PST
ADK says:
Thanks for your review. My husband and I are also looking for a camera that is better than a point-and-shoot, but not like high grade professional line or anything for our trip to Alaska next year. We are definitely not experts! And it's hard to understand some of the reviews on here that are by real photographers and not just an average joe that wants to take better pictures!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›