Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

1.0 out of 5 stars Please DO NOT BUY this camera, September 15, 2012
This review is from: Foscam FI8919W Outdoor Wireless Pan/Tilt IP Camera with IR-Cut Off Filter for TRUE COLOR Images (Not Washed Out), Auto-Iris (Auto-Brightness Adjustment), IP66 Waterproof Enclosure, Synology & Blue Iris Compatible, Pan 355° Tilt 80°, White (Electronics)
First I have to say I am AMAZED at how this camera has 4 stars. It is the only reason I felt compelled to write a review. I have purchased 9 different cameras in the last 2 months. The only way this camera has such a high rating is that they paid a bunch of their employees or friends to give this camera 4 and 5 stars. This camera was by far the worst out of the 9 cameras I tried. I didn't get a lemon, read the reviews carefully. Skip all of the positive reviews. You can throw a dart against any results for outdoor ip camera on Amazon and you will be doing better than if you pick this camera. This camera is below sub par. The night vision is unusable. The halo created around the image is horrible!!! The image is just barely visible. The camera resets frequently. I thought it was because the camera was on wifi. I purchased the top of the line repeater. I have a $180 router. It still dropped the connection at least once a day. When it resets it goes back to a position that you can not control. I tried direct connecting the camera and guess what??? Yes the camera still dropped connection (even though every other camera has worked flawlessly when direct connected). There are much better options, a well trained pigeon would be a better option. I just purchased the Loftek Sentinel Wireless Pan/tilt 3xzoom Waterproof Outdoor&indoor Dome Camera and it is a much better camera for $30 less. It does everything this camera does without the night vision. If you have night lights you don't need the night vision. If night vision is such a big option with pan and tilt buy the Foscam FI8910W Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with IR-Cut Filter for True Color Images - 8 Meter Night Vision and 3.6mm Lens (67° Viewing Angle) - Black NEWEST MODEL and put it in a spot where it wont get wet or build a housing for it. The screws in this camera are horrible, they are small like the ones you find in sunglasses and you will strip them or their inserts when you try and remove the dome to focus this camera. The camera comes completely out of focus. There is no firmare upgrades. The technical support and forum answers on their website are laughable. Loftek Nexus 543 Outdoor Wireless/wired Waterproof Ip Camera is a better camera even though it is a fixed camera and much cheaper but the winner in my opinion is Shark $400 or Trivision (a Shark clone) for about $100 less. Whatever you do, do not buy this camera. You will decide that this is a paper weight that you should have returned weeks ago instead of trying to get it to work. You will check your return period. It will have expired. You will be angry and sad.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2012 9:17:08 PM PDT

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 7:56:58 AM PDT
ScottP says:
I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but the number of reviews naming Harry Foster by name is a tad suspicious, especially when there are three in a row with nearly the same subject...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 3:16:12 PM PST
Faja4x says:
Richard M is Harry Foster. Any review for a product sold by Foscam needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I believe the review above is legit. Take a look at the number of my reviews. I am legit.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 8:33:05 PM PST
B. Wong says:
@ Richard M, did you look that W. Design is Amazon verified buyer of this camera? Please go check it out, 3 stars and under are all verified buyers. All the none verified buyers are at the 4 or 5 stars. are you an employee ?

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 8:39:21 PM PST
B. Wong says:
@ Richard M, my bad, you are an employee. I found that out after I read SCIMANIC's review and comment.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 11:19:57 AM PDT
Brad says:
1) Why did you buy 9 totally different models of Cameras? 2) Out of 9 cameras are you saying our ONLY camera you bought that has all three features? None of your "recommendations" had a similar feature set. This is an outdoor, night vision, pan/tilt camera. Each camera you listed missed one of these key features. The Sentinel does not have night vision. I really like my Foscam, but that is NOT an outdoor camera. The Nexus 543 is a fixed camera. Any recommendations for a camera with ALL the features?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2013 10:01:21 AM PDT
UBNT FAN says:
I've bought this piece of crap on eBay for same price and now I got stuck with it. The seller (same seller on Amazon) stopped answering after I have provided the proof this camera is NOT working as it should. Avoid this product and this seller.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2013 2:00:39 PM PDT
W. Design says:
I am not an employee... I am a purchaser of this camera. I hate this piece of junk. I have 9 cameras idiot monitoring my home office. I am a web developer, thus the name w. design. This camera is the worst! If you want screen shots or specific I will make a video and put it on youtube, showing just what a piece of garbage this is. The amazing thing is HOW DID THIS CAMERA GET 4 STARS!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2013 2:01:46 PM PDT
W. Design says:
I am legit... I really am!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2013 2:04:10 PM PDT
W. Design says:
I see you must work there for real but I will answer your questions anyways. I brought nine cameras because I wanted to get inside and outside my office. Out of the nine cameras this should have been $1. The cheap foscam's work fine even though the bandwidth they create is obscene. The SHARX camera rock. Low bandwidth consumption and great picture quality. Listen if you do work there your piece of crap fell apart within 1 month. the screws holding the dome are the same screws you use in cheap sunglasses. I can go on and on. I might if I keep reading that you all think I work for a camera company.... IF YOU ONLY KNEW...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›