11 of 12 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Apple MacBook Pro MC975LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (OLD VERSION) (Personal Computers)
The Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch has been one major purchase which I do not regret in the slightest. If you look past the initially high price-tag, the advanced features this laptop offers are definitely worth it.
- The laptop is slick, smooth and definitely catches the eye. It is amazingly thin and a decent bit lighter than the previous Macbook Pro. I often get asked if it is a Macbook air because it is so thin.
- Aluminum body beautifully formed and solid. I have a few minor dings after 6 months of owning it, but nothing unexpected with the heavy use and travel of a college student
- Normal Mac laptop keyboard, love the spacing and backlighting
- Much of the retina's price comes from the Solid State Hard Drive, which was one of the biggest selling points for me, as my last Hard Disk Drive failed on my I swore never to go back.
- Extremely fast, my macbook boots in under 15 seconds and restarts and updates in no time
- This thing is PACKED with RAM, so it runs smoothly and efficiently, even with plenty of applications running in background
- The 2.3 Hz Quad Core is extremely fast, has handled everything I've thrown at it so far with ease
- Graphics are stunningly beautiful, both in games and in photo-editing, especially now that Photoshop has updated for retina
- I regularly get at least 5 hours of use per charge at a medium screen brightness, lowering the brightness and keyboards allows it to easily last through the day without charging
- It's everything they say it is.
- Out of the box, I recommend going one level up on the scaling, which will allow you to have two nice sized windows for easy multitasking
- Nice and smooth, although mine is a little loose so it makes a clicking sound with a light touch occasionally
- Multitouch is very fluid and useful
OSX and Windows both run beautifully on this machine
Overall: If you have the money to spend on a reliable, top of the line machine, you cannot go wrong with the Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch