Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch but concern on quality, April 4, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Men's 0420 Pro Diver Automatic Black Dial Titanium Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch and have had it almost two weeks now. I have worn it around the house and to 5 professional functions. The crystal is already scratched very badly and I think it is cracked. Nice looking watch but for the very little use I have had of it and to have it damaged this badly I wonder if it is a fake. I usually by dive or military watches so I can use them in the water. Wenger until this recent purchase. Never had an issue with a scratch or crack in my Wenger watch crystal but this one Wow and I did not even swim or work on my car or anything that would damage this watch. I am trying to figure out how to contact the seller about this because it just does not seem right. Unless the send me a new one I would never buy another one. To fragile. And this is supposed to be a dive watch. RIGHT??????

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 13, 2011 8:16:47 PM PDT
R. York says:
If you got it from Amazon and it's within 30 days you can return it and get a refund. I have worn this watch for three weeks without taking it off and haven't scratched the crystal. Could be a lemon, who know. good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2011 2:30:26 PM PDT
tjw says:

Posted on Jul 13, 2011 2:31:50 PM PDT
tjw says:
Who would knock off an Invicta? I mean really?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2011 4:34:00 AM PDT
TJW--- Did you really read this posting? It says nothing about taking a shower with this watch on. Besides if you know anthing about diving, expecially in the ocean, you always shower off and the watch is rinsed during that to get the salt off it. Please pay better attention to what you read and learn more about the product before posting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 10:17:32 PM PST
S.L. says:
"tjw says:

So ya take showers with the watch on...you are not supposed to do that. Also, why would you do that? "

It's a dive watch that purports to be water resistant to 200 meters. I don't know anyone who showers at depths greater than 200 meters, do you? Because you sure as heck can't get the kind of water pressure from water mains while taking a shower that comes anywhere close to the pressure at 200 meters below the the surface of an ocean, a lake or any other body of water. If that was the case we'd all have to have decompression chambers in our bathrooms to decompress after a shower ...

I have several automatic divers of other brands and a couple of Citizen Eco-drives. I NEVER take my watches off to shower. I do take them off in the shower to scrub them and the spot on my wrist where they sit. I've never had any problem with any of those watches after thousands and thousands of showers. Let alone the times I've actually worn one while diving and snorkeling.

Even though "Gary N. Fortsyth II" didn't actually SAY he wears his in the shower, he DID say he wore it constantly for 5 days which IMPLIES he took a shower sometime in those 5 days.

With a watch in this class he and everyone else is perfectly justified in expecting it to be able to stand a shower or a bath with no ill effects at all. If this watch can't survive a shower then there are brands that can so I'm glad he posted his review. I won't be buying an Invicta watch, there are just too many bad reviews and too many horror stories of how they failed under conditions any reasonable watch in this class would not even have noticed.

I have several Orient automatics and wear them often, no problems, no leaks, no scratches in the crystal and they cost about the same as this Invicta. Plus they keep time to about a minute a month which is excellent accuracy for an automatic. I was looking at this Invicta as a possible addition to my collection of automatic Submariner homages but after seeing what has happened to people with this watch I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

All I can say for YOU is that you must never have had a decent watch, because there are great watches to be had just north of $100 that can survive five minutes in the shower- so your choices and luck must have been pretty substandard. Or else you just have no idea what you're on about, there's that possibility too.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›