5.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service, October 28, 2012
This review is from: 2-Year SquareTrade Warranty plus Accident Protection for Kindle Fire HD 7" (Previous Generation) (Accessory)
I have purchased Square Trade warranties on my Toshiba Thrive, both Fire HDs, and my paperwhite. I can't remember the specifics on calling into speak with customer service on my thrive, but I remember being happy with the outcome. They answered my questions and I purchased the warranty.

Recently, my fire hd disappeared and I thought it was stolen. I bought a new one and called cs to see if I could transfer the warranty to the new fire hd. CS explained since it wasn't a replacement fire hd (that amazon or themselves didn't actually replace it) but rather a purchase, they could not transfer the warranty. However, he was able to cancel the warranty on the 'stolen' fire so that I could purchase a new warranty. He advised this way I would have coverage from the first date of purchase for the new fire. They processed this quickly and I was able to purchase my new warranty and bind it to the new fire hd.

Then a few days later, I found my lost fire hd. I purchased a new warranty and then realized that the warranty was technically outside the 30 day purchase window for the old fire hd. I called customer service and they understood what happened and were able to make a one time exception since I had originally purchased it in the 30 day window. He was able to bind it to my old fire hd and that was that.

Any time I have called, they have answered my questions, fixed problems within minutes of the call. No long waits for answers etc. They remind me of Amazon customer service.

As for recommending this product, I would recommend an accidental warranty on any device that gets carried around. I don't do them on things like tvs, desktop computers, etc. But I always get them on nice phones, tablets, laptops because I do tend to drop things. I have used the one on my laptop 3 times (from another company).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 6:17:44 PM PST
Yes..I had very good response and friendly help with this warranty. I am not rich...so, I buy the warranty.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:04:22 AM PST
Boe says:
I purchased a kindle In March 2012, before the new kindle fire was on the market from Best Buy and I purchased a 2 yr warranty. the kindle just stop working in August. I contacted the warranty company and I was told to return it to Best Buy to have it repaired, customer service employee at the store told me that some were returned due to charging port no longer would charge the Kindle, I was informed that it wasn't fixable. They replaced it with the new Kinndle Fire HD & I purchased a new warranty and didn't have to add money. and ok just LOVE many kindle guide.

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 9:40:44 PM PST
Lisa MD. says:
I have a question. I just got my Kindle HD within the last month and bought this warranty with it. Was I suppose to get any paperwork to go with it??? If I have any problems who do I contact? Please any answers would be helpful. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2013 3:35:22 PM PST
Just Theo says:
It took a while for my paperwork to show up. You should get an email within a week or two. I can't remember the exact time frame. Have you already received the fire hd? I know that you can go into manage my devices and you should see a button to add a warranty to it, and it will have your warranty number and your devices serial number there.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 9:53:36 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 13, 2013 9:55:37 AM PST]

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 9:59:05 AM PST
i brought the kindle fire hd and i loved it so much and then it came up missing i am so sad that happened i ordered another one with warranty this time you guys been great with me thank you
‹ Previous 1 Next ›