5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones I've ever owned, November 20, 2011
This review is from: JLab JBuds J5 Metal Earbuds Style Headphones (Black Pearl) (Electronics)
I just got a pair of J5s and have been really impressed with the quality of the build. I have owned a lot of headphones before from all the major brands and have kind of stuck on JLab products because a) I don't like waiting in line at stores so I buy everything on Amazon and b) Jbuds are typically the least expensive decent quality earbuds on here. I go through my buds pretty quickly as I bring them everywhere with me and usually wind up leaving them somewhere eventually. I was a big fan of the J4s and have a couple pairs of those. I liked the durability and the sound clarity was great. For my most recent purchase, I decided to try the newer version because they were a bit cheaper and I didn't need a case. Here are my initial thoughts:

Pros:
Sound quality- These are some of the best headphones I have ever owned for clarity of the music. I feel like I do not have to turn my iphone volume as loud as with other buds to get a decent volume level. Also, at the louder volumes, there is no distortion. This has been a problem in the past with other earphones I have used.
Look and feel great- I am a fan of the rounder tear drop shape of the buds. I prefer this over some of the boxier earbuds or the ones that look like they come from another planet. The J5s are super comfortable in your ears and you can wear them all day without any discomfort. The grill on the back is cool and is a nice touch.
The jack- JLAB has restyled the jack and the new one feels really solid and well constructed.

Cons:
No case- The J5s do not come with a case. This was not a big deal for me as I have a couple extra. I think that you can buy the case separate if this is important for you.
Thinner cable- The cable on the J5s is thinner than the J4s. This is a better design if you need it for running or when you are on the move but some people might prefer the heavier cable.

Conclusion:
The J5s are the best sounding buds I have ever used and it is pretty incredible that they only cost $30. If you want a thicker cable and case, look into the more expensive J4s though.

[Add comment]