1.0 out of 5 stars Can You Hear Me Now? Not Likely, July 20, 2011
This review is from: ASUS XONAR DG Headphone Amp & PCI 5.1 Audio Card (Personal Computers)
I'm sorry to report that this ASUS sound card simply did not work in my computer. This is particularly ironic, given that I have a relatively new ASUS motherboard. You'd think they would be compatible. Fact is, I don't know what caused the failure. Perhaps it is because I'm running the 64-bit version of Windows 7. At any rate, my experience with this board proved -- once again -- the wisdom of purchasing through Amazon: Getting a refund was simple and fast. This would not have been the case had I purchased through my second-favorite vendor, New Egg, which would have required me to pay the return shipping. Thank you, Amazon!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2011 8:23:02 PM PST
What exactly didn't work? Out or In? Cause I've seen someone using it just fine on Win7 64bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 9:19:26 PM PST
The card did not produce audio out. As you know, there are many variables from computer to computer, and I really have no idea why mine did not work. glad you friend has one that does, otherwise I would expect 100 percent negative reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 9:25:16 AM PST
klopas says:
I have a brand new ASUS mobo myself. I just finished building the system (Windows 7 Pro x64), uninstalled the onboard audio drivers and disabled onboard audio in BIOS.

Sound works perfectly, but the microphone-in port does not work. The microphone works on the front panel 3.5mm jack, but not directly from the sound card. I have tried for hours to diagnose the problem. For the life of me, I can't comprehend how an ASUS product does not work straight out of the box when used with an ASUS motherboard. I'm going to return it.

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 11:14:28 PM PDT
C. Horan says:
I can tell you its definitely not that you're using a 64-bit OS. Windows recognized my card without even installing anything. Though currently I am running the sound card output to a stereo reciever, which goes on to power passive speakers; so I can only assume that would make a big difference.

Amen about newegg too... no clue why people buy their tech there when their return policies are a maze of "is it worth sending it back if I only get this much back?".

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 4:59:39 AM PDT
Good to know 64-bit OS is not the problem. My system outputs to two powered speakers and a subwoofer.

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 11:36:15 AM PDT
Reviewer says:
I've found that setting up sound in Win 7/Vista to be a pain, and confusing. I've changed it a few times now over the years swapping between on-board and a sound blaster card. What use to be a straight forward and easy task is now hidden a couple levels deep in property boxes. I've had problems in the past with no sound, even though the speakers were plugged in correctly. It was a matter of getting into the re-assign screen for the speaker plug-in and assigning them. A few times this screen would pop up if I unplugged the speaker from the back, and back in while the computer was running.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 10:02:39 AM PDT
Master Zoen says:
Did you connect the header from the front panel to the sound card? I had this problem, until I remembered that I had connected the front panel to the MOBO when I built the system. Opened her up, switched the header to the sound card, and voila! FP Headphone and mic ports were working fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 10:20:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 16, 2013 10:20:53 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (458 customer reviews)

$30.99 $26.99