5.0 out of 5 stars Walking Tall for the Cost of One Physio Session., March 29, 2011
This review is from: Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set (DVD)
I first saw this product advertised on an infomercial, several years ago, and became hooked on the musical rhythmic accompaniment to the exercises and dance routines as well as the high physical intensity of the program.

Recent problems associated with a weak core section of my body have resulted in me spending large sums of money on rehabilitation physiotherapy; I am also required to do physio exercises at home. These require a great amount of motivation and I had been waging a losing battle with myself to do them religiously. That's when I remembered the Zumba infomercial. The price of this product is no more than the cost of only one Physio session.

Now, I don't need any motivation to work out. Yes, Zumba is a work out. The 4 discs that comprise this product, each offers a different approach to the rhythmic Zumba aerobic exercises. The introductory practice disc that demonstrates the Zumba steps is itself a workout for the person who is out of shape. In order to avoid the monotony that usually overcomes those who train at home, I use a different DVD disc each time that I "dancercize".

If there is any criticism about this product, it is about the music and the gender bias. Most of the musical tracks where composed and recorded specifically for this program and they are not as exciting as commercial salsa music recorded with a full dance band. After a while, they become monotonous. The attractive female instructors on screen serve as very enjoyable eye candy for the male user of this program but sadly, they remind him that he is doing a workout targeted mainly for women and very few men. That is a pity because Zumba has no gender. Men who avoid exercising to music don't know what they are missing because music makes exercising fun. Besides, lots of women are attracted to men who can dance.

Nevertheless, I chose this product for its infectious rhythms, the physical intensity of the workouts and the inspirational personality of its creator who appears in many of the routines. I am thoroughly pleased.

After a few weeks of using this DVD set, I notice that I am walking taller and straighter than before because the core section of my body is strengthening. Now, if I can only convince my wife to use this product with me, we will both be able to Salsa dance at the next wedding we attend.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]