1.0 out of 5 stars Good Razor worthless warranty service..., July 25, 2011
This review is from: Braun Series 7-760cc Pulsonic Shaver System, Black and Silver (Health and Beauty)
Before you buy a gadget this complicated you should consider if it will really work and whether the manufacturer will stand behind it when it fails. This works fine as an ordinary razor. But the motivation for paying so much money is the automatic cleaning system. Well, I have news for you--that part is a piece of poorly conceived, poorly engineered, and poorly executed junk. The problem is not merely that the autocleaning function does not properly clear itself of cut hair, but also that the system itself will simply die on you unexpectedly. In my case after about 4 months of use. Of course the razor still works if you plug it in directly to charge the battery, but the loss of the maintenance system is a severe hit to utility.

Worse, when you go to get the thing fixed you find there is no practical or convenient place to go. Braun does not maintain company supported service centers in the US and rather depends on a disorganized set of randomly and poorly accessible private vendors. For example, no one services Braun shaver products in DC or MD. The only servicers are private companies in Wilmington and Virginia Beach. So the only way to get this fixed is to deal with someone 3 hours away who isn't even a Braun specialist. The company itself provides NO SUPPORT to its customers. This is a BIG FAIL.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2011 12:43:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2011 12:45:25 PM PST
L. Bodine says:
Braun Series 3 370 Men's Shaver I have a $120 series 3 razor. The battery is croaking and the trimmer just fell off. I had the same experience -- there is no place to get it fixed within 50 miles and I've read that replacing the battery costs more than a new razor. This is German engineering at its worst.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 1:24:13 PM PDT
Solly Chahlie. I have had Braun razors and other Braun products for nearly forty years and never had a problem with repair service. Why? Because they are made to last and last. Any electric shaver is never intended to last forever and the cleaning system on my current model is just now, after 12 years beginning to slow down and weaken in the cleaning process. That's precisely why I am planning to purchase a new razor and cleaning unit. If you find another razor and cleaning unit that functions and lasts more than 12 years I'd suggest you go for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 8:30:19 PM PDT
Paul Hertz says:
Norelco 1250 X. Its made well and has no cleaning system. You use the brush just like you did 25 years ago.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:32:44 PM PST
AstroEng says:
When mine started dying during a charge or cleaning cycle, I noticed that the charger prongs (inside the base that connect to the prongs on the back of the razor) were getting stuck inside the base and not making contact. I took a pair of pliers to pull one back out and the darned thing broke right off. I am trying to get warranty service (<6 months old), but from the comments I have seen it doesn't look likely.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:49:15 AM PST
LDM says:
They fixed mine after I packed it up and mailed it in. It took a couple of weeks. Of course I had to buy another razor to survive. They have no concept of "local" or "convenient.

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 4:45:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2013 4:50:52 AM PDT
I live in Korea, and I bought this model about two years ago. Recently the motor started sounding weird and it does not cut. It is not a battery problem because this happens even if I connect to the power cable directly to the shaver. I looked up the official Braun web site, and surprisingly I found that their a Korean version of web site did not have any customer service page, but had only the address and phone number of a repair company called Daewoo Elec which deals with electronics of many brands.

I uploaded a video of the shaver malfunctioning to YouTube and wrote to Daewoo Elec how much cost it would take if the shaver was like this. They reply was.. the repairing cost would took almost 90% of the original price I paid for it for the entire set (including the cleaner). What is the purpose of repairing if the cost is so high? The cleaner is fine, I recently bought a new foil, the LED and buttons work fine, only the motor or the inner parts need fixing but the cost is 90% of the entire new set?

I decided to open it up and fix it myself. The damn thing was really hard to dissemble. The plastic back was very tricky to open. When I opened it, I found the four screws were so rusty that I could not remove three of them. So I decided to throw it away and buy a different brand. I cannot believe a company such large does not have its own any service center in Korea or sell any parts (motor, cleaner, power cable, etc) individually if any part goes wrong. I have to buy a whole new set or pay 90% for repairing.

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 3:48:31 AM PDT
Mark says:
Appliance Fix It in Falls Church VA http://www.appliancefix-it.com/ in Northern VA does Shaver repair, and they are great, but Braun doesn't supply many parts, so repairs can be difficult.

Posted on Oct 18, 2013 10:28:39 PM PDT
I have about 4 automatic cleaning systems for the 700 series in the garage and honestly never waist my time using them, cleaning with it takes time and the refill cartridges can be expensive
My pulsonics have lasted years and never had any issues with them, i just rinse the blades daily after use under hot water and let them dry.
Using the cleaner with the solution leaves chemicals on your skin and a bitter taste next to your lips.
The trimmer on one isn't working but it's about 4 years old and have replaced the cutters twice, I've bought new cutters thinking that they will do a better job but they cut as well as the old ones i couldn't tell the difference

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2014 2:06:19 PM PST
HB says:
If it were also made in Germany, I bet it would be a better quality.
German engineering alone doesn't cut it. (No pun intended).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (801 customer reviews)

$239.99 $159.99