4.0 out of 5 stars Adequately prepared me for the test, July 22, 2003
This review is from: The Net Study Guide: A Complete Reference to Successful Testtaking (Paperback)
A lot of people might want to bash the book because maybe they didn't do so well on the NET test. True, it's a little difficult if math and English aren't your subjects. However, I wouldn't blame the book had I not passed the test. I would have figured it was because I am really math-impaired.
The subjects covered in the book were very close to what was on the test. I studied the day before the test and found myself really relying on the practice quizzes at the back. PEOPLE, study those because they are exactly showing you what will be on the test.
The reading assessment section of the test is terrible, although the book covers it very well. The NET test gives you scientific type material to read in a limited amount of time. You're already in a stuffy room with people coughing and sneezing and a clock ticking in front of you and NOW you have to try to digest absolutely boring material. And I felt that many of the questions asked had multiple answers or were too subjective. Trust me, this is not indicative of your skills. I've passed anatomy and physiology (both level classes) with A's and I used to teach English to second language students....I'd like to think I'm not stupid, but the reading on this test was really tricky. I personally feel that no amount of reading practice can help you with that part of the test.
Advice....take deep breaths. You'll do fine!! Buy the book and then sell it to someone else after you've mastered the test. It's worth it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 11, 2009 1:44:41 AM PDT
This was a good critique of the book and a great overview of the NET test. Thank you "Kimm" for providing this to all readers who want to order this book and take the test.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2009 8:54:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2009 8:55:12 PM PDT
Thank you for your kind remarks!! I can't believe it's been 5 years since I took this test. I have been a practicing RN since 2005. I remember the fear that came with nursing school. No matter how bleak your day looks, you CAN do it. If you have love and appreciation for people and a basic love/knowledge of science, being a nurse is a completely gratifying life! But I won't lie - nursing school was boot camp for me. I wish the best to everyone who embarks on this dignified but challenging journey! Good luck to all!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2009 9:14:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:04:20 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 19, 2010 1:34:42 PM PST
A. Norwood says:
was this book only a study guide for math or does it have A&P in it?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 9:09:56 AM PST
You covered this book expertly, with great skill and exact detail. You gave us a true review, and your advice is worth its weight in gold. Thank you for your time and excellent report about this purchase!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 4:53:11 PM PST
Thank you so much for your very kind response!! I posted what I would have wanted to know before buying the book and taking the test. I'm happy to report that, not only did I pass the test, I'm a Registered Nurse x 8 years! Best of luck!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 4:54:34 PM PST
This book covers math and basic English reading skills. It has nothing to do with human anatomy, so you can study the 200+ bones later! Good luck!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (7 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $0.01