5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, December 6, 2010
This review is from: Canon SELPHY CP800 Black Compact Photo Printer (4350B001) (Office Product)
I was a little leary about purchasing this product - until I received it, and I knew I made the correct choice. The first reason I picked this printer is, I'm a Canon loyalist when it came to my photography equipment. So, I took a chance with the printer. I knew I wanted a dye sublimation printer, and the larger print printers were far more expensive. So, before investing several thousand, I wanted to try a smaller printer and test out the quality difference.

And different it is! Dye sublimation just ROCKED my world. I've had bubble jet, ink jet, laser jet, dot matrix... you name it. Granted, there are some fantastic ink jet and laser jet printers out there that produce great prints, the biggest seller for me was simple. It was the print quality and process. Say you take a gorgeous image with lots of vibrant colors, and print it on a jet printer. When it comes out, you have to let it sit there for a few minutes, cause you can literally see the ink sitting ON the paper. And as that ink soaks in, the color changes - dramatically. Sometimes better; sometimes worse. And good golly, you had better not put your finger on that ink prior to it soaking in and drying!

With the dye sublimation, what you see is what you get! The colors are vibrant, rich, and pure tones in the hues. There's no drying time needed. You can grab it straight from the printer, and instantly into a frame without worrying if it will damage the image. It really is an amazing process, and it's a great product. It's completely idiot proof.

The second reason I bought this printer is, you can purchase the supplies anywhere. Granted, they're more expensive in the local retailer than online, but if you're in a pinch - and least the pinch won't hurt too bad.

The third reason I chose this printer, it takes multiple mediums. In other words, you can use pretty much any memory stick or card - there's probably a slot for it. AND it also allows for tether. What's tether, you ask? If you have a digital camera that can link to a computer via USB, then it can link to the printer. Print straight from the camera. Or you can use the program that came with it, and print from the computer. The tether feature was a great bonus for me.

Lastly, I bought the product on Amazon because I searched, and searched, and searched... this is hands down, the best price!! You may be able to find it on Craigslist for a couple bucks less... but why save $5 on a used product, when you can spend that $5 and get it new? But, hey... that's just one person's opinion.

I hope you all enjoy the printer has much as I have! I printed all my Christmas cards on it, no fuss, no mess, no fighting off people in a portrait studio. AND it was out in people's mail boxes in a timely manner!! You can't beat that with a stick!

[Add comment]