5.0 out of 5 stars Puts a Fire in your tailpipe to get up and go, January 3, 2007
This review is from: Younger Next Year for Women (Hardcover)
I read Dr. Lodges and Chris Crowley's book and it changed me forever. I first saw these two authors on CBN and then ordered the book, "Younger Next Year for Women". What I like about this book in terms of its style and reading is that it is balanced between Dr. Lodge's biology and DNA subject matter and Chris Crowley's shoot from the hip style. Yes, they do advocate exercise, but nothing so mundane as you find in typical exercise or motivation books. Nothing in any other exercise book ever woke me up like this book. More than just another exercise or fitness book, this book explains why and how we age, why we get fat, why and how we program our body and cells to die instead of grow. This book explains how our modern life style has confused the programming of our body and caused us to get fat, grow old, get stiff, get diseased and finally die. These things don't just happen to us - we cause them to happen! That's right, we program our DNA and cells to age and die by our life style and activity, or lack thereof, which tells our body what to do with the next generation of cells. It also goes into what our bodies were designed for and how to work in harmony with that perfect design to obtain optimum performance. Once I learned this, I suddenly became aware that I had been setting my body up to die, day by day, one dead cell after another. I changed in the instant I read the first couple of chapters. This book is a real eye opener and instead of motivating you to do push ups or do this or that, this book integrates the whole life system of human evolution and biology and social attitude based on the design and makeup of the human genetic machine. It puts you on the right track to do what your body and cells were made to do and to do it well for a long and healthy life. I read this book cover to cover and it motivated me to begin an exercise and "life" program which completely changed my health for the better. I now do six days a week of cardio and exercise, have more energy, more drive, more motivation each day than I've ever had in my life and for the first time in my life, I'm pain free with more flexibility, endurance, and resiliancy than ever before. I've lost 15 lbs and dropped to a size 2 and can meet my daily work challenges with so much energy, I'm amazed. I have no longer programmed my body and cells to die but to live, and live fully and live each day with zeal and motivation. In changing my diet I also discovered I had food allergies which I never knew I had before. This book took me into a new direction and opened a whole other area of thought about my health, diet and exercise and spurned me in a new direction of wellness and wellness research. I've told many people about it and am buying several copies for friends and family. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to awaken their minds and bodies and be alive again. And especially for anyone in that age zone where health becomes a daily issue of concern.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 14, 2009 11:05:31 PM PDT
Suave Dave says:
Wow! Your review really impressed me. I'm going to get this book for my sister. Thank you for your insights.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2009 1:36:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 23, 2013 2:29:24 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 9:03:08 AM PDT
Great comments! Inspired me to go ahead and order this book.

A good friend pointed me to this book and your review. It's the same friend that recommended Joan Price's Naked at Any Age and Jeoffrey and Renee Powell's Seasoned Romance, so I listened with interest and confidence. Glad I did.

Again, thanks for the insight about this great book!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 9:58:52 AM PDT
Reviewer says:
You're welcome! Keep up the good work! Live and be happy and feel young again!

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 2:57:58 PM PST
Glad you liked the book, but it strikes me that if only 15 pounds stood between you and a size 2, you were a healthy size and weight already.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 3:40:38 PM PST
Reviewer says:
You may have heart that the last 10-15 pounds is the hardest to lose. 15 pounds is not nearly as important as the approach and philosophy to staying healthy and active. Yes, I am a healthy weight but many years ago I was wearing very large sized clothes. Size 2 is not as important as being healthy no matter what your weight and size is. The book reveals studies that even overweight people who exercised were in better health than regular weight people who did not.

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 10:58:57 PM PDT
Wow, if you only needed to lose 15 pounds to wear size 2 clothing, sounds to me like you were already a healthy weight and followed the advice in this book purely for vanity's sake. (In fact, you may have become *too* thin. Superskinny is just as unhealthy as being overweight, and is very unattractive regardless of what Hollywood says.)

How about you leave this book and its guidelines for women who are, say, a size 14 or up who need it and can benefit from it to start living a healthier lifestyle lose 15+ pounds for the sake of their health, not women who just want to be thinner than their friends and look cute in a swimsuit.

All that aside, this is truly a well-written book that is helpful, inspirational, and informative without giving off a condescending vible that many of the popular weight loss/lifestyle change books seem to. Highly recommended if you're one of the millions of women who are struggling to lose weight and live a healthier life. (If anyone cares to know, I'm a size 12 so far, down from a size 16. I'm obviously not skinny but I feel much healthier and have noticed my self-confidence increasing.)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 7:50:11 AM PDT
I love this book! When I started reading it, I had already made the big changes in my life that the authors speak about. Reading the book, helped me make sense of my own aging and helped me put things into perspective. It is a fast read yet some of the words continue to ring in my mind like...build or decay. I found this book to be motivational!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (485 customer reviews)

$24.95 $20.07