Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

4,364 of 4,940 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Wait until Chrismas 2013, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Hobbit, The: An Unexpected Journey (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
Almost clicked the order button, but due to my love of the extended versions of the original trilogy, I decided to do a little research before I made that mistake. in doing so, I discovered that the Blue-Ray/DVD set for release on March 19th will contain only the theatrical version of the movie. Warner Bros is including a teaser trailer containing Dragon Smaug with this version in order to entice people to buy it. The extended version of 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' will be released in time for Christmas 2013. As with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Warner Bros. is trying to stick it to the consumer again by hoping people will buy both versions. Sorry, WB... I can wait another nine months. In the meantime, I'll rent a copy to satisfy my urge to see it sooner.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 19 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 233 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2013 1:17:52 AM PST
A. Person says:
Did you see they are definitely releasing it then or just guessing at the timing, though?

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 1:44:07 AM PST
R D Grimes says:
I've got and enjoyed the extended versions of the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy. However I thought The Hobbit was a bit too long in the theatre so I'm not sure more will be better.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 7:46:39 AM PST
Deano says:
Pertaining to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and the Hobbit.....more is always better! :) I love my blu-ray extended versions of LOTR Trilogy, so I will defenitely wait for the extended version of the Hobbit. Thanks L. Nelson.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 11:49:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 11:53:09 AM PST
Home Brew says:
I read on multiple websites, including The LA Times that the extended version will be released in time for the 2013 holidays - to help promote the release of Part II in theaters.

I saw this movie in the theater and knew immediately that I would buy it on BluRay. But I'm not going to pay WBros for it twice when it's the extended version I really want. The LOTRs extended versions really add a lot to the story, I'm betting the same will happen with the Hobbit Trilogy too.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 1:56:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 1:58:30 PM PST
J. Mcdaniel says:
It's $30! Giving an EPIC movie a 2 star rating because of multiple releases is absurd. If you are mad, be mad at Warner Bros., not the movie!

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 2:02:26 PM PST
Well put. I can wait also. I'll just rent it on Netflix if I want to see it sooner and wait for the extended edition to come. I too love the LotR extended versions, and just as with those movies, I have no intention of buying the theatrical.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 3:51:17 PM PST
M. Hailey says:
I'm so glad you shared that information!! I LOVED this movie, and I will definitely be waiting for the extended edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 4:37:01 PM PST
Home Brew says:
J. McDaniel, I'm rating the product, not the movie. This is a consumer website, not a movie rating website. If I was rating the movie, I'd give it five stars. The reason I gave this BlueRay two stars instead of one is because of the included trailer and five discs.

Before you start ranting, maybe you should do a little reserch of your own. WB released the LOTR trilogy four times. 1) DVD, 2) DVD extended edition, 3) BluRay, 4) BluRay extended edition. These releases had one purpose, to milk money from the public. My review was merely intended to keep consumers like you from being taken.

Glad to help.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 4:48:45 PM PST
Dana Richman says:
Thanks for the info...Now I just wish the extended versions of the Harry Potter movies would be released!! Arrrgghhhh!!!

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 6:54:10 PM PST
i guess this means there will be a 10 minute homage of the Phantom's pod race scene (itself an homage to Ben Hur) starring Radagast the Brown and his rabbit sled.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 Next ›