Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

4.0 out of 5 stars Here are some things I wanted to know before buying this game., October 16, 2009
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I started watching The Biggest Loser this year and fell in love with Jillian Michael's hardcore training style. I bought 2009 Ultimatum last year and gave up on it after I couldnt jump on the logs. I recently bought the biggest loser game and it is enjoyable from an exercise aspect and a fun aspect. The exercises in my opinion are somewhat easy,however it is a fun game and some calories are burned. I was really interested in how the new Jillian Michaels game would be because it was a different game maker and supposedly harder. With the reviews from a variety of sites lacking of what I wanted to know, I gave in and bought it myself. Here are the questions I wanted to ask before I got the game and the answers.

Are the controls more accurate?

The game has a different setup. It is strictly exercises such as running, squats and sledgehammer throws. I believe the sensor picks up the four quadrants of your body. Top right, Top left, Bottom Right Bottom Left. If the remote goes in this area during the exercise the green bar stays green and a beep comes on. If the remote does not go in this area the bar turns yellow and a wrong beep goes on. This system is fairly accurate. It takes a few sessions to get the idea of where the remote is suppose to go during the specific exercise, but when done correctly, you realize the proper form your body is in is correct. The game doesnt use the new motion accessory and is a different setup then 2009 with no mini games. For the exercises you do in this game, the motion pickup is sufficient.

Are there mini games and weigh ins?

This game is much more exercise based. I have never seen one of her exercise videos, but I am assuming it is similar to this game. It is a circuit workout of straight exercises. You run, lift similated water pails and do sit ups. You don't get extra levels if you work out harder or get more points if you complete it in a certain number of days. You either work out and do the game or don't. They do have a resolution calnedar which keeps you on a schedule or you can pick different areas to work out in or do single exercises. I personally believe this game could have been addded into the biggest loser game. The workout in this game is much harder, but much more benefitial. There is a little more interaction with Jillian, but more saying if you are doing a good job or to stop giving up.

Does this game give you a good workout?

In my opinion it does. It is a circuit workout and difficult to do. Each workout is done to a certain number of repetitions with time. The cycle is done twice. I have found personally, I am ready to quit in the middle of it and strongly looking forward to the end just like a regular hard workout. The biggest loser workouts I find are very minor movements and I barely get a sweat. The game is just straightforward workouts however. It takes a lot of dedication to continue to do them. The game doesn't have a lot of fun aspects to it, except you get a decent workout in. I use it along with the biggest loser game to help supplement the workout portion.

Is this game worth gettig?

I would recommend this game if you want to put in the time to workout on the wii. It does not have any mini games on it and is strictly an exercise game. There is no video of her doing the exercise and only a description and two pictures of how to perform the movement. This made my first time using the game fairly difficult, but after watching her do it on screen, the second circuit became easier. This game takes a lot of dedication. It seems like an easy game to get and become discoraged with because it is too long to do or too difficult. I find that I am sore after doing this game moreso then the others I have tried such as EA fitness or wii fit.

If you are a dedictated person and want to exercise with wii I would recommend this game as an add on to the biggest loser game or on its own. I enjoy it because as hard as it is, I feel like a got a decent workout after it is done and gives you the sense of accomplishment. If you have trouble getting the motivation to exercise I don't believe this game is for you. It is quite long and repeats the same exercises.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 18, 2009 12:18:17 PM PDT
Could you tell me how to use the resolution? I can't get anything to happen, I try pressing on everything. What are you supposed to do? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 7:56:18 PM PDT
The resolution is an option under the workout area. It is at the bottom of the workout area screen. After you click resolutions you can choose a tutorial. This then brings you to a my resolution page. Here you can create your own or choose jillians premade. When you want to do your resolution again the next day you go to workout and resolution at the bottom.

Posted on Oct 20, 2009 3:35:11 PM PDT
Kathy says:
Is there are a beginner, intermediate and advanced level?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 7:33:36 AM PDT
I don't think there is. I think it is more of a 1 month, 3 month, 6 month program or individual exercises. I think it is pretty intense and is at an intermediate to advance level just because of the length of the workout and the different exercises. The game doesnt shut off if you cant keep up, so i guess you could do as much as you can during the time period of the exercise and build yourself into the full exercise time.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 11:38:36 AM PDT
Kathy says:
I contacted Majesco yesterday via telephone. You are correct - there are not three levels, only one. I did make a suggestion that a future fitness "game" have the 3 levels and he agreed with me. He also said that he would take my suggestions to his supervisors who do want customer input. The phone number is on page 17 under Technical Support of the Instruction Booklet that comes with the game.
The game is great! I believe parts of it are beginner, part intermediate and part advanced. Thanks you very much for your replay.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2009 9:48:51 AM PDT
Thank you, I will try it!

Posted on Feb 27, 2010 3:11:44 PM PST
Great review!

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 4:33:28 PM PDT
Jessem says:
Really helpful-I hate to excercise and so ANYWAY I can 2 get myself to move is good.But Wii Fit Plus is SO fun,tho' it says I'm burning calories and my heart especially beats hard, I sweat with the advanced skateboarding and obstacle course I would like to burn more.I've lost 38 pounds on The Jenny Craig 1200 cal a day plan,but haven't been losing the 2 pounds a week I was the first few months of it and seem rather plateaud at 198-have another 60-68 pounds to go.So thanks,tho' you might recommend against this for me,your review makes me think it would help.Also played Grand Slam Tennis for 2hrs 17 min the other day the message said ,was so fun,hard to believe,but don't know if tennis burns any calories.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›