Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event STEM Toys & Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this so much, I came to Amazon to brag., June 20, 2014
This review is from: nabi Square HD Camera (Electronics)
I'll start by saying that I didnt buy it from Amazon. I bought it at a discount wholesaler. Didnt expect much. It came with 4 adhesive mounts. Waterproof case and remote.

All 4 of my boys put a mount on their helmets. They fight over who gets to wear it next.

The video is OUTSTANDING. We had 2 Contour cameras in the past and this little red camera put them to shame. Nice wide (not distorted) video shots. Great colors. Decent mic. Fantastic for kids. They have taken it under water. Mounted it to the dash of the car.

Since the place I bought it from doesnt accept reviews, and there were little to no reviews before I bought it. I came here to place a review. You can view my other Amazon reviews to see Im not a "reviewer" for a living.

Really GREAT camera for the price. I paid much less then the price above.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 17, 2014 6:36:14 AM PDT
Stem says:
saw this camera online today for a good price so thinking about getting one for my trip to Aruba in September because I would like an underwater rugged camera on the trip. Is this thing really worth getting for $50 and is the quality of pic/video still holding up? Does it have wifi or are you just transferring via USB cable?

Thanks for the help

Stem

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2014 7:58:24 AM PDT
I Haven't seen much reviews because its fairly new item. but there are a few YouTube videos of people who like it and review it. i just got one on woot.com for $50. i feel like nabi makes decent products. i believe it does not have WiFi, you transfer via USB or the memory card. this should work fine for your needs plus its really cheap.

Posted on Jul 17, 2014 12:23:15 PM PDT
Does it have a "stop motion" mode where it will take a photo automatically every 15 seconds or so?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2014 9:21:35 AM PDT
Radar says:
I did the same thing. I grabbed one off of Woot yesterday too. Can't wait to take mine snorkeling here in Hawaii.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2014 2:01:50 PM PDT
i don't think so, it takes 1, 5, 8 pics per second on continuous mode and it has a voice activated feature that records on voice command. i have used it and i have to say its a great buy for what i paid for it. i am waiting to see if there are 3rd party accessories for it because i cant seem to find any yet other than the bike mount on the Nabi website. battery claims to be 2 1/2 hours but that's if you don't have the lcd on....you will need a 32gb card because the 4gb provided is not enough...my kids love it. item does not look or feel cheap. the housing is made of hard aluminum and the waterproof case is made really well and works like a charm. Jeff i hope you grabbed one for the $50.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2014 5:11:38 AM PDT
Stem says:
I did grab one for $58 (tax) and it should be shipping today from Woot. I have a trip in Sept. to an island so hoping to use it under water for some snorkling and also I plan to mount it somehow on my boat just to play around with. I will post some footage once I have some. Thanks for the follow up, good to hear it is not just a piece of junk and actually is a decent contender for GoPro.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 10:35:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 23, 2014 10:36:34 PM PDT
Leo So says:
I bought this from Woot myself, and I have an old ContourROAM which has audio issues but the video is superb. This cam is very grainy after initial testing. I'm still trying to figure out if there are settings I can use that can alleviate this. I was actually planning on buying the monoprice action cam before I saw this and thought I'd give it a try. I'm going to be testing it out when I go to go kart place near my area. I have already seen multiple GoPro Hero 3 videos in youtube for that same location, so it might be a good comparison. Btw, this records videos in .MOV format.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 5:28:04 AM PDT
Stem says:
got the Nabi HD yesterday and I have to say the quality of images/video is pretty decent and yes recording in .MOV is great. It took me about 15 minutes to unbox it, they could have saved a lot of money on that packaging, guess they were trying to be like GoPro with that fancy glass look. The settings are are a little tricky to figure out and also the mounts are a little confusing (I guess they give you like 2 each of the same stick on things). I do like the wireless remote but you can ONLY start/stop recording, take pics while it is in the waterproof casing and you also have the 2 buttons on top you can use so you don't have to take the remote with you in the water. I plan on keeping it in the waterproof casing with the strap attached if that is possible (I haven't checked, I know it attaches to the camera itself). I didn't even mess with the tiny software CD because honestly I don't know how I would even put it in my DVD drive on the computer (it is the slim box so the DVD drive is upright). I plugged the camera into my computer USB and it instantly recognized it so I'm sure the CD does no good anyway. The video is a little grainy but not to bad, but for $50 I'm not complaining just saying. This weekend I plan on taking it on my boat attached to one of the mounts and I will mount it in front of the center console to get some footage of going down the waterway (so we shall see how it does at high speed going over wakes that kind of thing). It looks like Nabi offers only a bike mount on their website and nothing else for mounts, does anyone know if any of the GoPro attachments work with the screw holes for this cam. I would say for only 1 day of owning it and messing around indoors with images and video it is a decent camera for $50 and the quality of the material is great so they didn't go cheap on anything material related it seems.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2014 11:59:00 AM PDT
The CD just has a more in-depth version of the manual, I believe. I don't think it has much more than that.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2014 12:02:46 PM PDT
Stem says:
I didn't even mess with the CD because honestly I didn't know how to load it on my DVD drive so not going to worry about it.

I think if you can figure out the on camera controls then you should be good to go then just use Quicktime or Movie Maker to upload/edit video.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›