5.0 out of 5 stars Great gym for traveling and for workouts at home, March 22, 2006
This review is from: GoFit Pro Gym-in-a-Bag (Misc.)
A note about operation of the ankle straps: you have to open them up and turn them so the scratchy Velcro is on the outside away from your skin...place the ring where you want it, wrap the remaining strap around your leg and then thread the strap through the ring and pull snug before securing the Velcro.

This way it will stay on no matter what weight you use. I promise...I use A LOT of weight for leg training.

I have been involved in health and fitness for over 20 years as a Body Builder, Body Sculptor, Trainer, Therapist, Coach and many other positions in the field. I am currently the Director of Personal Success Now.

I bought this to check it out - to determine if it was a good option for some of my clients who do not want to go to the gym. I also travel and wanted some way to ensure I would have the ability to work out anywhere.

Finally, no more work outs with a towel for resistance!!

This little gym in a bag is great. It comes in a small bag and is very light. It comes with a poster or book demonstrating possible workouts and it comes with a DVD (or CD) that describes and demonstrates workout possibilities. You can play this CD as a "trainer" or view the exercises singly.

The DVD takes you through a very good core performance, functional workout and contains some excellent information on nutrition.

You get the aforementioned ankle straps, handles, and a door anchor. You also get a 5, 10, and 15 pound cable. The weight range is 5 to 30 pounds in 5-pound increments by combining the cables. The handles are comfortable and the cables hook and unhook very easily.

The possible weight/cable combinations look like this:
5 / 10 / 15 / 20=15+5 / 25=15+10 / 30=15+10+5

Additional cables are only $4 from the company...note: if you need more weight, you only need to get another heavy cable...because you can create any combination up to 45 pounds in 5 pound increments with only the 1 additional cable.

Combinations from 35 to 45 pounds look like this:
35=15+15+5 / 40=15+15+10 / 45=15+15+10+5

Every time you need more weight, you only need another 15-pound cable.

The weights discussed above represent the resistance for each hand. So, doing curls with the heavy cable is like curling 15 pounds in each hand.

I highly recommend this as an at-home and on the go training tool!

For safety - Always check your cables for wear before working out. Always make sure the door anchor is secure in the door and the door is closed and LOCKED before training with the door anchor. Always warm up before your workout. Always warm down and do flexibility movements after your workout.

There are down-loadable sheets for "tone and shape" and for "muscle and strength" 12-week workouts.
gofit.net/prod/progym.html

Eat right for you. Take your vitamin. Get enough sleep. Drink your water. Avoid artificial- colors, flavors, and preservatives in your diet. Laugh often...and live well!

One final note to update this review - in 5 months of using the ProGym, I have lost 10 pounds of fat and gained over 20 pounds of muscle.

Wishing you Personal Success Now!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 5, 2010 8:47:50 AM PDT
W. Kelly says:
So you've been a bodybuilder for over 20 years, and yet with this little set of resistance bands you lost 10 pounds of fat and gained 20 pounds of muscle? I call BS on your entire verbal infomercial.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 6:55:54 PM PST
danmirage says:
W. Kelly. Sorry, I missed your comment! I understand your consternation. Actually the post is entirely true, however.

I have a degree in Exercise Science, teach "Diet and Exercise" at UCLA, have been a personal trainer for decades, and advise many natural bodybuilders in how to maintain mass gains when they plateau. That is my specialty. I do have a skill set that allows me to continually gain mass when I train for mass gains, regardless of training experience.

By quoting my 5 month progress with these, I wanted to make the point that with the right regimen these would work to help one accomplish their goals. Obviously my diet, rest, water, etc were all very good for achieving my goal. Just a note, it is not difficult to lose 1/2 pound of fat a week while gaining 1 pound of muscle a week. You can see the whole progression if you want. AS a trainer, I have achieved similar with others, but am not a liberty to share their information.

I posted my entire workout progression with diet and training for every day, on discussbodybuilding (where I go by the same name), along with weekly body composition measurements and photos while I was training with these. Many people witnessed my transformation.

It is no trick and no lie. I still use them with clients and many clients use them exclusively unstead of going to a gym. I use them to maintain when I travel and sometimes I use them exclusively for my training as well. They are a nice tool.

The difference is that I use MORE bands! I have over 300 pounds worth of resistance bands, sometimes I am using nearly all of them. I also use standard METAL gym handles if I am doing heavy loads, as the ones in the bag are not good with high weights.

I have broken many bands, and after 6 years, a few have gotten some nasty wear or rubberizing and I have to replace them. I have found some bands with metal hooks, which help when you are squatting hundreds of pounds. Sometimes one of the plastic hooks gets pushed by the others and unhooks. Most people will never experience this however. Only if you try to use this with loads of bands on the handles.

As for the infomercial-ness, if you find me on the web, you will see that this is what I do as a passion. I love to help people have the knowledge to achieve their goals. I do it and I do too much of it. But it is authentic. I am not trying to sell anything, rather I am hoping to empower people.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

5.0 out of 5 stars (1 customer review)

Out of stock