Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little digital recorder., May 22, 2011
This little recorder is an absolute gem. I have had two Dictaphones before and both did a reasonable job, but this one has very ergonomic buttons and controls that are so straight forward that I didn't really need to refer to the huge instruction manual. When you put the batteries in it asks you to input the date and time, like a mobile phone and then you can start using it.

It actually comes with two batteries so you can start using it straight away, and I did. It copes well with all noise even background sound and there is no hiss or rumbling that you often get with a single microphone unit. It also has a headphone socket (headphones not included) which means you can listen to it on the train etc, without arousing the wrath of other passengers.

The thing I really like is the weight, and size, it fits nicely into the `lighter' pocket of most jeans and is smaller than most mobiles whilst weighing a few grams. It has a massive memory but no USB connection to save files onto your computer. It does have a filing system in the machine, but a USB portal would have made this perfect, still it is not fatal. East to use, easy to carry and easy to understand as the screen is very user friendly. If like me your work means you need a Dictaphone, then I think you would be hard pressed to find one as compact , light weight and user friendly as this.

Edit: I have just had my batteries run out and did not replace for two days, and found that when I did all of my files were wiped, so a bit gutted. It did give warning bleep so i should have paid attention, but thought I ought to post an edit to let users know.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 20, 2012 4:27:54 PM PST
Shaukiwan says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 1:46:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2012 5:19:50 AM PST
Tommy Dooley says:
Yep I do point that out in my review, so why the neg vote?

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 10:32:12 AM PST
so How can we transfer the recorded file into the computer without USB connections? Please advise

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 10:34:19 AM PST
Tommy Dooley says:
I have not done it myself but If you want to transfer tracks to another device it has to be via audio patch. So if you want them on your PC, apart from the fact that it's slow to record in real time, you would also have to re digitise the the tracks as well. So if you need to stoer the info on your PC this is really not the route to go down.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2012 7:36:57 AM PDT
Andy Civil says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 1:29:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2012 1:56:11 AM PDT
Tommy Dooley says:
Thanks for leaving a post Ruth, but I don't need to transfer my files so it is fine for my purposes as once I have listened then I can delete, so I apologise if you feel that is a 'killer' omission but for me it is not the main issue and I have tried to cover all the details about the dicta-phone, and if something is mentioned I really don't think it is an actual 'omission', unless you are referring to Sony that is, but this is in the tradition of dicta phones as once you have listened to most recordings of your own voice then it is pretty much job done.

Tom

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 4:52:01 AM PDT
R Hauck says:
Given that it has a headphone jack, you should be able to connect the recorder-- using a 3.5mm jack cable (I see that Amazon has a bundle that includes it)-- to your computer's microphone port. Then you can use audio freeware to record from the recorder as you play it back. I've done it with cassette tapes, so I'm guessing that this should be no different.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 3:35:45 AM PDT
Tommy Dooley says:
That is a great tip many thanks I shall give it a go

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 9:02:27 PM PDT
Takei says:
It seems a fatal flaw with this recorder if the recordings are all wiped out when the batteries go dead- have you tried confirming this by removing the batteries for a couple days to see?
I have a very old Sony flash recorder that retained the recordings indefinitely when left sitting around for a long time with dead batteries; different technology back then no doubt, but it'd be good to know how this one will tolerate letting the batteries run down.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2013 6:44:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2013 6:45:22 AM PDT
Tommy Dooley says:
Hi Takei, sorry for not responding sooner. I have not done it for a couple of days, but I did change the batteries before they ran out this time, I worried that about 11 files may be lost, but on inserting the new batteries they were still there. I think from previous experince that anything going over a few hours would mean loss of the data, so best not to do that again. My batteries did run down previously and yes all the files got wiped. It does give you a buzzer noise, a bit like the batteries in some smoke alarms, so as soon as that starts I replaced them this time round. Hope that helps - Tommy
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›