5.0 out of 5 stars Very beautiful and delicious, September 29, 2006
This review is from: Numi Organic Tea Flowering Gift Set in Handcrafted Mahogany Bamboo Chest: Glass Teapot & 6 Flowering Tea Blossoms (Grocery)
I've waited a long time to get this set as it was very expensive when it first came out. It was well worth the wait, actually would've been well worth the cash had I spent it earlier. Amazon has a really low price on this.

The clear glass teapot holds about 16oz when full. Each tea flower will make 3 pots. The 3rd pot of tea is as good as the first, the 4th is weak.

The tea itself is excellent. Some of the best I've tasted and I'm very particular about the tea I drink. I've been enjoying the variety that came with the pot - haven't found one I've disliked yet and it is fun trying them all.

Since you will get about 6 cups of tea with each tea flower - they are all beautiful, I put the teapot on the table while the tea steeps so every can enjoy it. You will want to drink this with family or friends.

The whole set comes packaged nicely in a bamboo box that looks handmade. The box is pretty enough to be re-used for something else. The variety of tea is in a smaller bamboo box.

If you are looking for Christmas gifts, this would be an awesome one.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2008 11:13:32 AM PST
I have to agree. I bought one of these for myself and loved it so much I bought several more for gifts. This review is right on!!

Posted on Jan 8, 2009 6:08:47 PM PST
dalbkino says:
How durable is the glass teapot? I have some really curious cats that tend to knock things off the counter if I become distracted by other things.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2009 7:00:15 PM PST
R. Song says:
I've had mine for over 2 years now and it hasn't broken yet, but we haven't dropped it. We use it a lot but we are careful. It's glass, keep it in the cabinet when you are not using it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2009 9:06:43 PM PST
romy says:
I have this kit- the teapot IS fragile, and the lid will fall if you don't hold it on while pouring.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2010 7:18:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2010 7:19:05 PM PST
R. Song says:
Oh! We take off the lid to pour. Maybe that is not proper?
Despite not being hefty, we still enjoy this set. We have a small Japanese set of tea cups to go with it and we take it out for friends. Everyone loves the blooming teas. I given many as gifts and they are all well-loved. I do only gift these to tea lovers though.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:56:34 PM PST
Just bought one for me and my... friend without reading about it. Just looked cool. Worth the buy?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2013 9:58:32 AM PDT
R. Song says:
Very much worth it! 7 years later, I still have my set and I still use this as a gift for tea lovers, so far it has always thrilled the recipients.

Posted on Nov 17, 2014 12:08:17 PM PST
DOES make an excellent gift!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›