5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Book!, April 19, 2011
This review is from: Press Here (Hardcover)
LOL - okay, the wonderful review before mine is so chock full of great information on the book that I don't know how I can compare. (I think the review is longer than the book!) Truly a great review, so I'll just move onto reaction to book.

I'm the mom of a 3-year-old daughter. I wasn't sure how she would react to the book. There are no cute characters. No flaps to lift. No scratch and smell, lights, music or holograms. LOL - it's truly a book! And it's made up of primary colors, circles, and basic sentences - that's it.

So, I put her on my lap and began to read. Did she like it? Well, we had to read it 8 times the first night, 7 times the second night, 10 times the third night, etc., etc., etc. She hasn't gotten tired of it yet.

This morning, my daughter had a doctor's appointment. As we sat in the waiting room, I took the book out and we began to read. Within moments, we were surrounded by every other child in the waiting room as they watched and listened in fasciation.

This is truly a wonderful little book that proves imagination is more important and more effective than batteries!

*-*-*-*-
Product Update 11/16/13

Well, my daughter is now 5 1/2 years old. As many books do, this one eventually ended up on a shelf filled with many other books. We're packing for a move and Press Here came to light again. I told my daughter that it had been her favorite book when younger, so she asked me to read it to her.

My voice was soon tired as we had to read it six times in one sitting. Though she's old enough that the book doesn't seem quite so 'magic' anymore, she was still delighted with it. And even in her five-year-old wisdom, she did need to take a moment just to ask me if the book really was doing things when she pressed.

She's now shared the book with her kindergarten class and the kids keep asking her to bring it back.

And reading it again, I was just as delighted as I was the first time.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 27, 2013 2:10:06 PM PDT
Well done review. You perfectly captured why this book is so good. I loved your ending that "imagination is more important and effective than batteries." I couldn't agree more. My 2 1/2 year old granddaughter is an expert with an iPad, but this book opens a whole other dimension for her.

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 1:37:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2013 1:39:08 PM PST
K. Ludens says:
Thanks for the update! I was considering this as a gift for my 3.5 yr old, and reading your review solidified my choice. I really appreciate that you took the time to do this update, a whole 2.5 years later! It's obvious that this book is magical enough to buy and keep around for the long haul. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2013 3:19:42 PM PST
OutlawPoet says:
Thanks for the comment! LOL - I actually hesitated before posting the update, but I figured that, as a mom, I'd want to know if the thrill lasted.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2013 3:20:24 PM PST
OutlawPoet says:
Stephen, thanks for your nice comment! LOL - I don't know how I missed that you commented so long ago, but just wanted to say thanks. :-)

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 5:19:14 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 13, 2014 11:31:38 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 12, 2014 10:42:55 PM PST
Gran2Four says:
I really enjoyed reading your review and your update! It's now 11/2014 and I'm looking at this book and "Mix It Up" for my 3 yr. old granddaughter, who loves books! I think you've convinced me that we need to have this book, at least!! Thank you!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (993 customer reviews)

$15.99 $8.63