2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle 2 USB Cable, November 4, 2010
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Replacement USB Cable, White (Works with Kindle Fire, Touch, Keyboard, DX, and Kindle) (Accessory)
The insulation of my cable started to crumble and expose wires after 1 1/2 years of use. Since I rarely ever move or bend the cable, I'm rather surprised.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2010 2:00:15 PM PST
The covering on my cable also self-destructed after just a year and a half. Did you get any help from Kindle support or Amazon? Have you purchased a new cable, and if so does this one fit the wall adapter from the original cable?

Posted on Jan 22, 2011 8:47:20 AM PST
Ebony Beauty says:
I thought I was the only one this happened to. I also don't bend my cable and keep it in a drawer between charges.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2011 1:37:22 PM PDT
Julie Gilmer says:
Exact same thing has happened to mine. The coating drops off if you even touch it.

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 9:30:03 AM PDT
Same thing just happened to mine. The insulation crumbled in my hand when I tried to disconnect the cable from the Kindle. I don't bend mine or mishandle it in any way. Mine is approx 2 yrs old.

Posted on Jul 14, 2011 3:15:05 PM PDT
Molly says:
Same thing happened to my cord after two years. Whats' Up with this?

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 2:00:39 PM PDT
Z. Ouyang says:
same thing happened to me for two kindle cables I own. any help we can get from amazon?

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 8:58:38 AM PDT
Same thing happened to my cable after 2 years and with very little use. Guess I will have to purchase another and hope the manufacturer has improved their process.

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 8:45:19 PM PDT
Like everyone else, my kindle 2 usb cable's insulation is falling off. I have use the cable less then 10 time and keep it in the box because of eye sight problems.
Note: I also could not connect to my PC (vista) with this cable.
Not the quality I expected from Amazon.

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 5:26:22 PM PDT
Peri says:
Here I thought I was the only one with this problem! Has Amazon customer service responded????

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2011 11:31:57 AM PDT
Amazon is replacing the defective cable, but it's arival was going to be delayed (don't think it is Amazon's fault), so I purchased a Belkin USB cable (USB A to Micro B Cable).
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›