Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very responsive, April 21, 2012
This review is from: Kinect Star Wars - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I'm a huge Star Wars fan and was so looking forward to "Star Wars Kinect." I was a little disappointed with the responsiveness of the game to my movements, especially with lightsaber duels. The characters don't mimic my movements at all. When I want to attack with a lightsaber, I swing my arm wildly until my character attacks. That's about it. This should really be the best part of "Star Wars Kinect." It's not.

The podracer pretty much goes where it should as long as my arms stay in front of me. I learned not to try to steer, because I just go the wrong way. Keep my arms in front and I run the course. My son, of course, is flailing his arms beside me, but I think I do better in the race for not having any motion at all. Not too exciting.

"Rancor Rampage" is a little better with detecting my movements, but I don't enjoy playing a rancor. We get to stomp around destroying buildings and throwing people around. It's like being King Kong. No fun.

By far the best player responsiveness happens in "Galactic Dance Off." It's like any other Kinect dance game, except we get to dance with Leia, Lando and Han. The dance movements are Star Wars themed. Have you ever wondered how to do the Chewy Hug or the Mynock? Now's your chance. Of all the games, I like "Galactic Dance Off" best.

On the positive side, my ten year-old son really loves this game. It gives me a good workout and he moves around more than I ever see him move with any other Kinect game. If you want your kids to get something physical in while playing video games, this would be one way to do it.

"Star Wars Kinect" can be played by one player, but it's more enjoyable with two players. It is fun to play "Star Wars Kinect" with my son, mostly because I have someone to listen to me while I complain. Just wish it was more responsive. That would make worlds of difference.

[Add comment]