4.0 out of 5 stars What the original should of been...., August 31, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB Console (Video Game)
I am one of those guys who had an Xbox 360 when it first came out. I like everyone else sufffered from the Red Ring of Death and had to send my unit back in for repair. That was probaly a year and half to two years ago that it was repaired from the RROD. About 1 year ago, I started having problems where the disc player would not read the game correctly and I had to keep on opening the disc player and closing it over and over until it read the disc. Finally, the video card of the Xbox 360 seemed to just die out, i could no longer get a signal on any television, I even bought a new AV cable with no success. Alas, I called microsoft and they wanted $100 to repair it. I decided to say screw that, so I bought a new xbox 360 with HDMI support. I hooked it up to my reciever and I started having some problems with the screen. I was now fed up with microsoft. I returned the 360 and decided to go PS3 all the way.

Well it turns out that on the second 360 i had bought (the new one) the problem was with my home theater reciever and not the 360. So while all my friends had fun playing online together on 360, I was left out with no friends on PS3. ( I just dont know anyone online on the PS3). So my wife bought me this new slim model for my birthday and these are my thoughts.

WIFI - Found my network and connected with ease, wonderful feature.

HDMI Support - does not come with a HDMI cable, but you can get a cheap one on amazon.

4 GB Memory - not exactly alot, but you can buy a 16 GB flash drive to put in one of the many USB ports. BUT...the flash card I bought had a slightly thicker base and I could not plug it into the rear of the 360, so it is poking out of the front slot. So make sure you get a flash drive that is not too big.

Xbox Live - No card for free live for a month?

Headset - No headset

Xbox 360 - the new model is sleek and beautiful. The disc drive is like a touch sensor which is really neat. This is soooo much more quiet than my old 360. I havent put in a major time yet but I didnt feel much heat coming off it which is a definite plus of course.

All in all, 4/5 stars, just because I thought microsoft was a little cheap with no headset, the memory, and no free xbox live gold trial - especially since they are raising the price.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2010 1:43:51 AM PDT
Ix Shusk says:
TTo get free month you must make a new live account then choose to not buy a live subscription, and it will say free 1 month trial.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 1:41:45 PM PDT
Bishop says:
Right now Microsoft is offering the 4gb Xbox S, 1 year subscription, 4000 points and and extra controller for $249. I just ordered one and removed the extra controller and got it for $229 (+shipping and tax, which still came out to $250).

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 9:15:09 AM PST
You can use an older Xbox360 hard drive with the new slim.Just take apart the older hard drive case.Take out the hard drive and place it inside your slim.http://www.dealextreme.com/ makes a dummy plastic hard drive case for the slim.All you do is place your old hard drive in the new dummy case and glue it shut.Presto you have a bona fide microsoft hard drive.That can be used on xbox live with no problem because it's a real hard drive.Plenty of videos on you tube to show you how it is done.Type in youtube search- ((((Upgrade Xbox360 Slim 4gb with ANY xbox360 Harddrive)))).A friend at gamestop told me about the mod.Now that they make the dummy cases it's a winning combo.I did the mod to my slim 2 weeks ago with the dummy case.My hard drive comes out easy thanks to the case.I'm useing a 120gb Elite hard drive for this mod.You can use any xbox360 hard drive even a 20 gb or the old 250 gb elite lol.The new xbox360 slim hard drives are the same as the old ones lol.The only difference is the cases they are housed in.I just gave you the info where to buy the new dummy cases for $9.00 bucks lol.Gave you a video link on how to.Happy Holidays.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (1,211 customer reviews)

$209.00