5.0 out of 5 stars Great all around, highly recommended, September 17, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac - Silver (Personal Computers)
I'm very happy with my K750 and recommend it highly.

It works perfectly right out of the box with no software download or installation.

Typing on it is very comfortable, and I can type pretty fast on it. The keyboard layout is very similar to the standard Mac keyboard layout, including Mac-specific keys, but it also has a built-in dedicated number pad.

Build quality is very good. The keyboard is light and very thin, yet feels solid.

If you like your keyboard angled, there are two feet on the bottom of the back of the keyboard which fold out and allow the keyboard to stand at a comfortable angle for typing. The two feet are the only part of this keyboard that doesn't seem real sturdy. But I prefer leaving them folded in, so the keyboard lays perfectly flat.

I really love the solar power feature. On other wireless keyboards, batteries always die at the worst time, when you're in the middle of something important and don't have any spare batteries handy. On the K750, the built-in solar panel keeps the internal battery charged, and doesn't need much light to do so.

The included USB receiver is extremely tiny; it sticks out only a few millimeters. It's Logitech's "unifying" receiver, and can simultaneously connect up to 6 compatible Logitech wireless devices. I have a Logitech wireless mouse and this keyboard, and both work great using the same receiver, so I'm only using one of the two USB ports on my Macbook Air.

You also get a USB extender thingy that's about the size of a flash drive, which I guess you'd use if your USB port is hard to reach. And you get a small microfiber cleaning cloth for wiping the dust off without scratching anything. The packaging is very protective, but also completely recyclable.

The K750 for Mac is fairly new. The K750 for Windows has been out for a while, and is virtually identical to this (same weight, shape, and dimensions), except for the Mac-specific keys. There are over 200 user reviews for the Windows version, and the average rating is 4.5 stars.

One last thing: Logitech makes the K750 for Mac in several different colors, which you might check out before buying this particular color (all silver). There's an all-black one (like the Windows version). And there are several other colors that are mostly white except the top part surrounding the solar panels is a highlight color, there's green, pink, and blue.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2011 11:44:36 PM PDT
Thank you for mentioning the availability of a Mac version. Amazon allowed me to return my PC version of K750, even though the time limit had been reached. I ordered and look forward to receiving the Mac version, if it ever ships! Guess Amazon doesn't have it in stock.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2011 10:15:28 AM PDT
Chris, I ordered mine directly from logitech and got it in a few days. When I ordered it, they had all the colors in stock, and it was the same price that Amazon charges.

On the other hand, that was really nice of Amazon to let you return the Windows version after the return period ended. I've had pretty great experiences with Amazon customer service, too, like if you buy something and the price drops later, you can request a refund of the difference and they will often give it to you. Also, when I've ordered stuff that Amazon says is not in stock, I usually get it sooner than the estimated time, so maybe you won't have to wait very long.

Good luck!

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 7:51:35 AM PST
BB says:
Ron wrote excellent review. Ordered via Logitech direct and arrived in very secure package. Logitech had all the fancy colors for Mac in stock.
Logitech order site lacks color confirmation however after contacting Logitech customer service; they email back confirming the color and tracking number.
Bit pricey but clean look, no battery to replace (which makes this keyboard very light in weight) and perfect for my living room wireless mac keyboard for mac mini attached to backside of LED TV. Strongly recommend.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 10:16:07 PM PST
StarFire says:
Thanks so very much for mentioning they have a black Mac version. This was so perfect for me I almost didn't but it because of the silver color. Thank You!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 5:40:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2012 5:41:59 AM PST
I am glad to learn that my comment re the keyboard was helpful, but I now have to add a negative. I have not had my K750 long enough for the letters to wear off the keys, but that is what is happening (the "A" and "S" are faded, latter being almost gone). They made a truly sophisticated keyboard, which I still love, but this is penny wise and pound foolish! When I contacted Logi-tech, they were extremely friendly and responsive, suggesting that Amazon would give me an exchange (new keyboard), because the keys themselves cannot be replaced. I haven't contacted Amazon, because I'll have the same problem within five months. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news-I hope Logi-tech corrects this serious flaw on future models.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 10:22:22 PM PST
StarFire says:
Is it possible you have something on your hands??? Oils and chemicals can dissolve the silk screen ink. You might want to wash your hands??? Or type a little softer. I can almost guarantee you that the key ink went through significant testing and should endure millions of key strokes. Maybe you got a bad batch or are doing something wrong. I wore out the ink on my pc Logitec after about 5 years but was always typing with dirty greasy hands.

Finger nails are also a huge issue if they are not trimmed and you are typing a book you might have issues.

I love this keyboard hence the post. I dont think its a Logitec issue. Hope you resolve:)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 10:30:10 PM PST
I love the keyboard, too. My hands are dry and clean, so that can't be the problem. Only four keys are affected: A, S, D, and : (the "S" having all but disappeared). Perhaps, after about 60 years of typing (I had a late start), I might learn to touch type :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2013 4:00:31 PM PDT
Cat Mann says:
The key labels are very likely stenciled, not actually laser-etched like some other keyboards The Matias Tactile Pro Keyboard , and so will wear off with use.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2013 4:25:14 PM PDT
Thanks for the comment, but that is not the case, because the outline of the letters can still be seen as a groove. I have filled the grooves with a magic marker and wiped of the excess. It is not an ideal solution, but I can think of no other way. If this weren't such a great keyboard-by far the very best of many I've owned since 1980-I would have replaced it a long time ago. I find it very odd that Logitech would make such a fine piece of equipment and seriously devalue it by skimping on something that so readily could have been fixed.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (1,476 customer reviews)

$59.99 $49.99