Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Baby Sale

4.0 out of 5 stars Move on, I'm Really Good, February 14, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic MC-UL815 Bagless "Jet Turn" Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a vacuum cleaner for the hearty and demanding. It is a semi-heavy weight and performs with vigor. I am a real fan of bagless HEPA filter vacs and this is one of the better ones.

This Panasonic cleans a path with almost perfection. To test it I cleaned the carpeting fully with my then favorite upright. Then the next day I did the same thing with the Panasonic and to my utter surprise I picked up even more ground in dirt. Mind you, it was not the heavy stuff we bring in from the outdoors but just daily dust and dog hairs. The volume in the Panasonic was considerably less than the first go but its presence suggested to me a better job at getting as much dirt as possible on each pass. The most important factor in a vac's cleaning is its cleaning. All else is either an add on or subtraction. Cleaning the carpet is a full 5 without equivocation. The pet hair brush is a nice addition and is particularly useful in cleaning pet hairs from furniture. While most handles are not a big deal this handle has one that does NOT cause anger because of its design. It fits the hand perfectly and does not scratch nor create distractions.

I downgraded it one full point for the following reasons:
1. It is a heavy little upright and with its wheels will not glide on the floors with ease. Larger and wider rear wheels might make the moving easier.
2. The tilt switch used in dropping the handle to a working position is somewhat small and big fat feet sometimes do not work as perfectly as the designer thought.
3. The on/off switch is too small and seems to be a potential breaking point sooner than it should. I may be wrong there but it is difficult sometimes to turn the machine on and off.
4. Dirt accumulates in a ball that has a propensity to reduce the vac's cleaning ability. Also, that little ball gets difficult to empty when the bottom of the vac is opened. I do not care about reaching up there to pick out the dirt but it is not intended to operate that way. Maybe there are too many Yorky hairs in the mix.
5. I like having a cord winder but be careful. I got it going on the first go and it whipped me like a little puppy. I sure am glad it hit me and not the grandfather's clock. After a few uses I have the knack now.
6. The little slot that holds the cord out of the way on the back of the handle is almost useless. It is about 1/32" too big and the cord will not stay put. How's that for being anal?
7. The hose is barely long enough to reach the top of a sofa much less the top of curtains. While it is quite strong and a tad heavy it is just too short. The brush attached to the end of the hose is handy for those of us who misplace our brushes but it does not come off.

I honestly enjoy using the Panasonic and will for sometime. While the cord is somewhat short it is O.K. and the hose could be longer but I use a handheld mostly to do above the head cleaning. The brushes on the roller are good and stiff which makes cleaning so much better and more through. I did not mention the swivel action of the head because I am not quite sure if I like it or not. It is a tad hard to get used to after so many years of not having that feature.

[Add comment]