5.0 out of 5 stars Buy these pants now!!! Fantastic value and my go-to pant., June 18, 2012
This review is from: Dockers Men's Alpha Khaki Slim Flat-Front Pant (Apparel)
Slim fit chinos are somewhat of an enigma in men's style. Brands like Unis, Left Field, and Wings+Horns offer slim fitting chinos that are mysteriously expensive for the quality. Enter Docker's Alpha Khakis. I bought three pairs of these when they were first released, and wore them to death. The tagline "where jeans end and khakis begin" was pretty cute, but I never thought it would actually hold true for me - I wear these FAR more than the denim I used to go to everyday. A few notes on the Alpha Khakis:

Waist: For those with an athletic build or thicker legs, these pants will feel tight. However, keep in mind that these can stretch significantly if you want them to - up to one inch in the waist. I measure 32" at the waist, but when I first bought these at 32, they were way too tight. I returned them for 33" which fit very snugly (still a little too tight), but decided to see if they'd stretch out. They do in fact stretch out after wear and they now fit very comfortably. In retrospect 32" would probably fit me if I wore them long enough...In any case, buy these either true to size or 1" more in waist depending on how thick your legs are.

Leg: These pants fit wonderfully through the leg without venturing into skinny-jeans territory. The leg opening is perfect - a little more narrow than what you'd find in Levi's 501, but wide enough to wear with Oxfords/dress shoes.

Length: I would suggest purchasing 2" more in length as these pants are great for cuffing. The hem, unlike normal khakis, are relatively narrow (a little more than half an inch, just like the hem you would find in normal denim) which makes cuffing look good (I personally hate the really thick cuffing that you see in a lot of magazines but that's just me). There is little to no shrinkage in the length.

Value: These are absolutely the best pants in value that I've purchased in recent memory. Right of the package, you can tell that the fabric is more robust than your average khaki (they're designed to be as tough as jeans and they certainly feel like it). I've tried on high end chinos before and the Alphas give them a run for their money at 20% of the price. I think these were so popular that when Docker's first released them, they sold out within a few weeks. When you buy these, you'll be wearing them everyday for years to come.

I wish there were 6 stars ratings reserved for wonderful products like this. Very rarely do "mall brand" companies nail a product like this. Pick up a couple of pairs and save on shipping....if you buy only one, you'll probably want to buy more!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 15, 2014 6:28:45 PM PDT
chris says:
How is the leg opening? Is it too small or just right?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2014 6:56:19 PM PDT
Brian Liu says:
I dislike super tight leg openings (like on the 511 for example). I found the opening of the alphas to be just right.

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 7:52:08 PM PDT
Hello. When I place my favourite jeans flat and alligned the waist measures 42cm wide. So it would be a circumference of 84cm or 33 inches. They are old and already stretched. Normally my size is 30 or 32 (sometimes 34) depending on the brand. What should be my size on this pants? (I can't return them as I live outside the US). Do they strech a lot? Thank you for your help!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2015 5:05:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2015 5:06:30 PM PDT
Jesse says:
At 5'10(barefoot), 170lbs, athletic build. These stuck to my things at a 32 waist. I returned them for a 34 waist and they were still way too tight on my thighs(much tighter than any of these pictures represent. If you don't have a slim frame, look elsewhere. If you do have a slim frame(such as the models posted) buy these, because they're damn nice pants.

edit: I typically wear 31-32 waist.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (821 customer reviews)

$68.00 $19.62 - $49.99