5.0 out of 5 stars Pump is very durable and reliable!, August 26, 2008
This pump is the best ever! I found my bowl dry and the pump kaput, so I assumed I had damaged it. I began looking to buy a new one, and checked the PetMate website which said "PLEASE READ THE PUMP MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS BY CLICKING HERE. PLEASE FOLLOW THE PUMP CLEANING STEPS BEFORE CONTINUING." I followed the instructions and found that my impeller magnet was coated with minerals. I followed the instructions and it is now working perfectly! Here is the link to the cleaning instructions referred to above. Just copy and paste in your browser... [...]

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 11 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 94 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 20, 2008 10:21:41 AM PDT
XMalice says:
Mine had stopped working completely and cleaning it out made is work like new again. Thanks for linking the instructions. It was really simple.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2008 4:39:01 PM PDT
Kate says:
Ditto. Thanks a bunch!

Posted on Oct 22, 2008 2:25:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2008 2:28:09 PM PDT
Thanks to Sumo82 I saved the price of a new pump for the Petmate I have been cleaning everything meticulously but didn't realize that the the impeller magnet also came apart. Cleaning the gunk from that did the trick and my automatic petmate water dish is good as NEW!!!!! YAY SUMO82!!!!

Posted on Oct 22, 2008 11:59:28 PM PDT
S. Block says:
Mine had stopped working and I was looking for a new Petmate when I read this...it worked like a charm, and if I can do it, anyone can!!! THANK YOU!
SB, Alaska

Posted on Feb 1, 2009 7:41:51 PM PST
Thanks so much for the great suggestion. The pump works like new again!

Posted on Feb 15, 2009 10:20:55 AM PST
bookslover says:
My & my cat thank you so much! Once I cleaned it (& it desperately needed it) the pump worked like new! I appreciate you sharing the information....it saved me replacing the pump. Thanks!

Posted on Mar 18, 2009 6:31:15 AM PDT
Fanshawe says:
Thank you...this actually works! You saved me having to buy a new pump!

Posted on Apr 11, 2009 9:46:48 AM PDT
G. Howard says:
I've had this water fountain for more than 5 years and this is the first time I had any issue with the pump. I am so happy to have found your posting - I was just about to click the "add to cart" button to buy a new pump and it ends up it was super simple to clean out - works perfectly again. Thanks a bunch!!

Posted on Aug 6, 2009 2:43:08 PM PDT
Awesome! I've had this water dish for my cat for almost 3 years and this was the first time it stopped working. Like everyone else I was about to add to cart when I saw your post. I cleaned it out and he runs like a champ again. Thank you!

Posted on Sep 29, 2009 12:16:02 PM PDT
M. Williams says:
Thank you sumo82.

I was another person about to buy a new pump and then read your comment and the other comments. I retrieved the pump, carried out the easy maintenance and its working again, better than ever.

Good little pump - so user serviceable!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›