1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Extremely versatile product, for vegans and carnivores a like,
An avid home cook that is a collector of both cookbooks and cooking gadgets writes this review. My family has been following the "Eat to Live" plan for a little more than 4 months and we were looking for way to make a healthier salad dressing. Even my picky husband doesn't complain when I add this product to some of his old favorites.
I have summarized my observations of this product below:
1. Very mild taste that will blend with anything without a problem
2. Texture is soft and creamy and perfect for use in dressings
3. Very low in fat (2.5 gram per serving none of it from trans fat)
4. Zero sodium
5. Good source of Protein (4 grams per serving)
6. No preservatives, no irradiation
7. Contains healthy soy isoflavones
1. None that I have identified
Overall I recommend this product to anyone that is looking for a substitute for high fat salad dressings or cream in soups. As someone that is new to vegan cooking I am thankful that this product exists since it opens up many recipes that I thought were a thing of the past. I use this product is place of oil and cream in many dishes and it works fine when pureed. I also use it to make a mock mayonnaise by adding a little Dijon and lemon juice to this tofu and pureeing it in the blender (it will thicken as it chills in the frig). This product has many more uses than I imagined when I first purchased it. I highly recommend this product to anyone that is trying to reduce the dairy and fat in their families diet.