4.0 out of 5 stars Down and Dirty, November 14, 2010
This review is from: Streamlight 88031 Protac Tactical Flashlight 2L with White LED Includes 2 CR123A Lithium Batteries and Holster, Black (Tools & Home Improvement)
I have the Surfire Backup to compare this to, and for price buy the Streamlight 88031. If you have to have a heavier feel with a blinding white light get the Surefire Backup (I use it in my job).
Surfire is the Caddy
Streamlight is the dependable Chevy.
Cons with the 88031 as others have said, the strobe should be the third press to the tailcap not the second, but it sure does mess with someone coming at you. I am in the Marines and we tried this out as a warning or to distract someone coming at you. All those we tested the strobe on in the dark hated the disorienting flash. That being said I use the plain bright white light or the dim light much more than a strobe.
Bottom line I'm buying another to put in the car to use a a safety and back up light.
Buy it for work and play. Easy to carry and lots of light.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 6, 2010 5:35:21 AM PST
SureFire may be the Caddy, but their customer service is pathetic. I had trouble with one of their flashlights and they wouldn't return e-mails or help in any way. The result was a $75 SureFire light down the tubes in less than 6 months of very little use and no abuse. Streamlight, on the other hand, has always given me exceptional customer service. Also, the Streamlight Stinger I used for almost 10 years on the street as a cop still works like a champ.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 8:33:25 AM PDT
gregg r. says:
Not that's funny because I've dealt with SF customer service twice in 17 yrs (not a bad ratio) and they were absolutely as perfect as you can get for Customer Service. Everybody has a story. That's why I don't really pay attention to others when it comes to CS. They've been fantastic the 2 times I had to call them.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:57:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:59:00 AM PST
Souts says:
Ooo Rah brother - former devil dog here (2846 - Int Ground Radio Repair Geek) and was hoping you could help. I have a PT-A Bravo helmet for (climbing, mountain biking, trail running) with rails mounts and I'm looking for a flashlight that will fit a 25mm (1 inch) rails mount. The product description has this flashlight as .9 in. diameter so I think the hardware will fit. I like to have a light on my handle bars and a light on my helmet for safety and to help see obstacles on the trails before a rut grabs my front tire and turns me into superman for a brief second.

Question: do you think this light would work well in a rails type system? Any feedback is appreciated and Semper Fi - stay away from the swamp donkeys at the Driftwood if you're ever in LeJeune bro.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 1:41:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 13, 2013 1:42:30 PM PST
rebart says:
East Tn Patriot, I have the rechargeable Stinger in my truck at all times. I have the charger screwed to the floor on the hump and the flashlight placed right below the cig lighter it's plugged into. Love it to pieces.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›