5.0 out of 5 stars Variety rules the day at Keurig, October 5, 2006
This review is from: Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System (Kitchen)
Being one who loves convenient, but great tasting coffee, I've bought several single-serve coffee machines. The Home Cafe, My Bunn Cafe, and the most recent, Tassimo.

They all worked quite well, considering how "new" they were to the field, and how fresh the field really was at the time, for consumers. I was happy with each purchase(save the Home Cafe, which had a serious mechanical flaw).

I'm not going to spend all my time just comparing the Keurig machine; I'm simply going to say "I wish I'd bought one of these[any Keurig machine] earlier". It meets almost all the desires I had in a single-serve coffee machine.

- Tons of variety in K-cups (which actually can be difficult, I didn't know where to start or what to try!)

- Simple to use

- Beautiful, functional design

- 4 brew size choices

- Keeps water hot for the next cup instead of waiting until you fiddle with the machine

- Can be used with a custom filter K-Cup so you can brew any coffee you like (I'm looking forward to using this with tea too!)

- Much quieter than some machines I've used (the Tassimo is freakishly loud in my opinion)

Those are just some reasons I love this machine. The fact that it makes very good coffee is a big plus too, right? It seems as if the coffee from the Keurig machine tastes less "burnt" than most single serve coffee I've had in the past.

My biggest complaint is the cost. Whether it's worth $200 to you or not, is entirely up to YOU. If you're as obsessed with quick, easy, tasty coffee like I am, maybe you'll agree that it is worth it.

I'm a happy customer, either way. ;)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 20, 2006 9:32:59 PM PDT
K. Urbaniak says:
I have not been able to find this specific model anywhere in a store, only online. I would rather buy
locally than have to ship it back if there is a problem. I live in Michigan and have tried many places,
such as Kohl's, BBB, Linens & Things, Sears, Penneys and so on. Does anyone have any suggestions to
where I might purchase this machine?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2006 11:45:40 AM PST
S. Karlin says:
I bought mine at The Sharper Image using a coupon from the Entertainment Book. Some Bed, Bath, and Beyond stores have them too. But you won't be returning it. This is one of my favorite products I have ever bought. It's absolutely great!

Posted on Mar 15, 2007 4:24:12 AM PDT
Ace Cool says:
I have been trying to get some information on this model. The question I have yet to have answered is this; does the flavor of the coffee change considerably when you make the larger cup? The way I understand it is one K cup is used to make the various cup size that you select on the machine. I would be opting for the largest amount which is 11 ozs.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2007 8:03:23 AM PDT
Yes, the flavor changes when the cups are larger.

But, it also depends on what K-cup you use. for example, if you use a medium roast like most Colombian blends (I prefer Diedrich's Colombia) at the largest cup setting for the B70, it'll be a very diluted cup of coffee.

Now, if you used one of the extra bold K-cups (one I like is Gloria Jean's Extra-Bold Black Gold) you can brew it at the larger cup settings since it's very strong to begin with.

The best thing you can do is to buy one and experiment at the different cup sizes to see what tastes best. I like stronger cups of coffee so when I get a medium roast, I tend to use the smallest cup to get the most flavor.

Hope that helps!

Posted on Aug 26, 2007 1:35:38 PM PDT
RKON says:
I agree the Keurig is excellent. In fact, it is the Dutch word for excellence. L/ Ellis wrote: "My biggest complaint is the cost. Whether it's worth $200 to you or not, is entirely up to YOU" Get the $99 Keurig. It is simple and works just as great. I have had one for over a year and it is awesome.

Posted on Dec 15, 2008 5:50:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2008 5:52:55 PM PST
Jean Jacoby says:
My sister bought one a year ago, and I have been so impressed with it that my husband is receiving a KEURIG for Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2009 8:59:41 AM PST
kascm says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2009 10:51:37 AM PDT
Your machine must be broken unless you are used to Starbucks bold blend with two hits of expresso (known as the Black Eye - Red Eye is one hit) you can't think these brews are weak. I used to have a Grande Red Eye (16 oz) every morning and now have two Extra Bold 11 oz and get by just fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2009 7:14:10 PM PST
D. Teixeira says:
The STRENGTH of the beverage changes, not the FLAVOR! I've had one for the last 2 years and I love it!!

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 9:22:17 AM PDT
Princess1013 says:
Hello,
I just bought the Platinum version for my Mom and she called me to say there wasn't a specific filter in the package...I soon found out that this doesn't have the My Cup filter in this edition. I just read your review and noticed you noted that it doesn indeed accomodate a custom filter for your own coffee. So you're saying that I can actually separately buy that and it will work in the B70 edition Keurig? If so, that's wonderful! I know that's definitely a feature my Mom will appreciate.
I do have this same feature but like the k cups so much I'm not interested in brewing w/ my own coffee grinds.

Thanks in advance!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (2,022 customer reviews)
 (1,168)