5.0 out of 5 stars At Long Last the Lost Treasures Have Arrived!, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Universal 100th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray) - Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
Universal deserves a special award at the Oscars, and, for that matter, every other awards show ever, up to and including the Nobel Peace Prize, for uncovering and releasing this treasure trove of long lost films! I know that it may seem crazy to spend almost 250 dollars on one collection of movies, but you people have no idea what kind of a bargain you'll be getting!

As a distinguished film fetishist, I am one of the few people who knows anything about these rare masterpieces! The inclusion of "Mamma Mia!" alone is worth the hefty price! This film was considered so controversial and shocking that the original audience went blind and deaf after watching it, and it has never been seen by anyone since!

"Do the Right Thing" is a nearly-forgotten instructional video on how to do everything correctly - a must for first-time job applicants! I cannot wait to see that one! I have read so much about it, but I'm sure the words don't do it justice.

I will even watch the films that were never released because of how terrible they were considered to be. Why watch a terrible film? Because of the historical importance! We must learn how to not make films from past failures! Which is why supposedly awful films such as "ET" and "To Kill a Mockingbird" will be so informative!

Not to mention, the geniuses at Universal have included a BOOK talking about the films! Let's see - 72 pages. 25 movies. Gasp! That is exactly 2.88 pages per film! Why read countless pages of false information about the films online when you can have this book which will no doubt contain insight into each film included THE LIKES OF WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN READ!

Do whatever you can to get your hands on this one-of-a-kind piece of history! After all, it will sell out quickly! Then you will never be able to see any of these films ever again!

And can you miss out on the chance of NOT owning "Buck Privates"? I think not!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 10:08:17 AM PST
best comment ever.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 9:40:48 AM PST
A good and thought provoking comment. However I don't quite get listing "To Kill a Mockingbird" as a "supposedly awful film". It is listed in the National Film Registry as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant." It ranks 25th in the American Film Institute's 10th anniversary list of the greatest American movies of all time. The American Film Institute named Atticus Finch the greatest movie hero of the 20th century. It won 3 Oscars and 3 Golden Globe awards. I know the appreciation and rating of films are subjective. But I've never seen any main stream comments that it was an "awful" film or bad in any way. Perhaps you you referencing another review. But I'm just curious the basis of that categorization.

*awards information taken from Wikipedia article on the film. Full references available there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 3:02:22 PM PST
ben1789 says:
Thanks for the reply. I know that To Kill a Mockingbird is a great, legendary film - I was trying to be sarcastic. I was inspired to write this silly little review exactly because of how strange this collection seemed to me. Most film enthusiasts already know about these films, and probably own them to boot! I was just attempting to be very silly and sarcastic with my "review." I appreciate your comment, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 8:27:44 PM PST
:-) Sorry I missed the sarcasm. D'oh! The irony is I myself have a very sarcastic sense of humor. That's the unfortunate part of internet comments/reviews... sometimes one can total miss the intended tone, and thus the message as a whole.. Have a happy new year.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2013 12:46:29 AM PDT
Guy Teague says:
oh, if you'd seen mamma mia! you'd have recognized the sarcasm immediately. it dripped off my monitor onto my desk, matter of fact. [g] /guy

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 1:04:54 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 14, 2013 1:27:50 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2013 4:53:28 AM PDT
Love the review, but with only about 13 reviews out there, your 5 stars is skewing the results.

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 8:26:15 AM PDT
Haha, terrific "review", I can't wait to re-watch "Do the Right Thing" to see what I missed before about correct behavior. Your stars do skew the ratings, but people need to read between the lines. But I do think they should have stretched the book portion to give us an entire 3 pages per movie. What does Universal think we are, illiterate?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2013 7:03:06 PM PDT
Rodney Gross says:
I thought your review was very funny, Ben. I agree that this is a perversely silly box set. Thank you.

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 7:03:56 PM PDT
HL says:
yes, all of these films should be captured on home video at once before they are placed into the disney vault, never to be seen again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›