29 of 31 people found the following review helpful
My son like this writing toy - a first for us...,
= Durability: = Fun: = Educational:
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: VTech - Write And Learn Touch Tablet (Toy)
My son is 3 1/2. He has no attention span and likes things that involve running, jumping, etc. It is difficult to get him to do anything that involves little physical movement. However, he seems to like this toy. We have had it about a 3 days and this is my take on it.
* It has both capital and lower case letters
* The writing surface is easy to use and accurate
* It tell my son he has done a great job when he actually traces the letter correctly. If he does a poor job on the letter and hits the check to say his is done, it asks him to retry tracing the letter.
* It seems durable and has already taken a tumble out of the van door into a puddle. It is working fine.
* It has a shape tracing and free draw activity. There is also a hiding letter game which is good.
* you can turn down the volume.
Cons: Just a few...
* I wish that it started in the capital letter activity instead of requiring the child to select it.
* I wish that they had the same device but added a number activity to it
* The little pen is a bit thick for my son
* I wish that it did not say "see ya" when it was turned off. My son has started saying that which is annoying and he keeps turning it on and off just to hear the "see ya." It really is not the game's fault he knows how to push my buttons ;) However, I do not like slang so I would have preferred something like "I'll see you later" or "until next time"