84 of 97 people found the following review helpful
Meghan McCain is a hot mess....,
This review is from: Dirty Sexy Politics (Hardcover)12 things Meghan McCain talks about in her book....
1. Her hair, make-up, high heels, and love of sparkly clothing with sequins.
2. How mean Jenna Bush was for not wanting to hang out with her when she visited the White House.
3. How desperately she wanted to be "First Daughter," and how girls, mainly Chelsea Clinton, though she's never actually mentioned by name, are uptight and ungrateful and should be more appreciative and excited that they get to be members of the super special "daughters-of" club.
4. How she just can't help dropping the F-word, even when she's in a professional setting, like a presidential campaign. She just can't help it, guys! It, like, slips out! That's, like, just who she is and how she talks!
5. How her mother, Cindy, told Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston that she'd love to be their child's godmother, and how sooooo rude it was that Bristol and Levi weren't flattered by this and didn't take her up on the offer.
6. How she got wasted in Nashville then announced to everyone at a bar that her dad was running for president.
7. How she got so hopped up on Xanax that she missed several campaign stops the day before the election day.
8. The super gross hotels rooms she had to stay in while on the road with her dad's campaign. And how, like, one time she and her friends left a bunch of food outside a mean campaign reporter's hotel room so he'd step on it when he walked out into the hall the next morning. Isn't that, like, the funniest thing ever?
9. How totally unfair it was that the Palins, including 7-year-old Piper, had people to do their hair and make-up for them, meanwhile Meghan had to do her own hair and make-up. I mean, can you believe that?!?
10. How the people at GQ Magazine are jerks for publishing a picture of her (a picture she willingly posed for, mind you) sprawled out on a hotel bed, dressed in a low-cut top, and sipping a beer while playing on her computer. And how shocked she was when her father's campaign was upset about the photoshoot. Couldn't they see she was in her early 20's? How was she to know any better? Jerks!
11. How much she just loves hanging out in her pajamas and UGG boots. It's, like, the best.
12. How everyone on her dad's campaign thought she was a spoiled brat who didn't deserve to be there and how, like, totally not cool that was!
Meghan doesn't do herself any favors with this book. She says in the beginning that she's not out to settle any scores, then spends the remainder of the book bad-mouthing people and complaining about how everyone on her father's campaign was mean to her and how, yeah, maybe she messed up a few dozen times, but she was in her early 20's and didn't know any better and they're all jerks for not understanding that. Meghan comes across as entitled, oblivious, and desperate. This girl is one hot mess.